Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted by PostDurango:

SIN City

on your clear corner lights, wat did y ou seal them with, because on my clear corners moisture keeps getting in and makes them look like shit, and im bidding on a new pair on ebay so if u have any suggestions on how to keep th moisture out that would be awesome

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally posted by SinCity R/T:

'
PostDurango said:
SIN City
on your clear corner lights, wat did y ou seal them with, because on my clear corners moisture keeps getting in and makes them look like shit, and im bidding on a new pair on ebay so if u have any suggestions on how to keep th moisture out that would be awesome
I use clear silicone sealant, available at any auto parts store for just a couple of bucks per tube. Run a thin bead along the edge then use your finger or a rag to push it into the seams before letting it dry.

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by PostDurango:

and youve had no moisture wat so ever? how long have you had your clears for???

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by SinCity R/T:

Originally posted by PostDurango and youve had no moisture wat so ever?
how long have you had your clears for???
I've had clear corners for nearly 2 years now, but the lenses don't see moisture very often (Las Vegas weather), only at car washes.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That is a very good idea to use the clear silicon. I might just take mine off and do that to them. Like you said the only time I get water in them is when I wash my truck. Other than that they are pretty good about getting moisture in them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts