Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted by SoLoudItHrtz:

Well not really a custom dash, just repainted the stock one on a 2001 up Durango?(or dakota?) I want to paint mine the same color as my truck (patriot blue) , Sand it smoooth and paint and clearcoat it, but i wanted to see if anybody has any pics of theirs done, any color, i just wanna see what it looks like. Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey I repainted mines. I painted it semi-gloss black. I didn't want to make it smooth and glossy cause the sun glare. The truck looks like hell with the dash out! Hahaha. Good luck! Oh and don't forget where the screws and bolts go!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Dashes

Yup, here is mine in white. Takes a lot of sanding to get these dashes smooth, but well worth it. I have spare dash piece now, I hope to have my whole dash replaced by the time the show season starts.

Later,

Attachments

F

·
0 Posts
wicked, nice truck man! What did you do differnt to your rims, looks like you painted them?

·
Registered
243 Posts
No Paint

No Paint on them, polished Billet Aluminum. Intro Spike 6 20x8.5. I need to polish them really bad, its has been about 6 months with no polish. Thanks for the comments.

Later,

F

·
0 Posts
draggin, hey man, i was talking about wicked's truck, but yout truck, does look pretty tight. One of the nicest i have seen yet! Where did u get your front bumper?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Bumper

My bad, though you were talking to me. The bumper is from Cervini.com and is called Sniper. The company runs out of New Jersey.

Later,

·
Registered
133 Posts
Man your dash looks alot cleaner out then mines did! I wish mines was that easy. I have a 97 and the whole thing had to come out. Good luck with yours AND don't forget about the GLARE!!!

Aloha

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: dash

dvsone said:
I ripped out my interior or dash yesterday and redoing it next week.. here are the before pics

Where did you get the cluster cover at? Was it prepainted? It looks really good. How was install, did you have to remove the dash?

·
Registered
150 Posts
It came stock i just took it out and painted it platinum or silver lol.. Just used some light steel wool medium coarse and than washed it than thru 3 coats on it. No clear though as its protected in the case! If you need a how to I can make one for you!! BTW my dash board is all done now, But can put it in my truck due to the accident. But as soon as its done ill post pics!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts