Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted by diaedy:

2003 4x4 3.9

I made up an air intake this morning out of PVC pipe(3 inch) and the plummer boots. Relocated the air senser and painted to match everything else. Must say it came out better than expected and the sounds alone will more than likely keep the peddle down for a while. Would post pictures if some one would tell me how. Anyway do you know if the mileage will be better or worse(that is if I stay out of it?)

Diaedy

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Originally posted by ZIMDOG

If you stay off the pedal, your MPG might be a little better, but most likely won't change that much one way or the other. If you haven't already, replacing your old air filter with a K&N one will help.

http://knfilters.com/faq.htm#1

If you want to post a picture, when you reply to or create a new post, just above where you hit the Submit Reply button you'll see Attach file:, just hit the Browse button and find the picture on your computer.

Or another way is you need to have a pic hosted on a webpage. A lot of sites like Yahoo though won't let you link to an image. What I did is I signed up for a free account at

http://www.ImageStation.com , upload my pic into an album, then right click on it, go down to Properties and find the link to the image. Then above where you type your post you'll see an IMG button, just throw the link in there. Here's a pic of my truck:

-ZIM

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Original post by diaedy:

Thanks ZIMDOG. Gotta try that tonight after work.
Great looking truck by the way

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by SinCity R/T:

'
diaedy said:
2003 4x4 3.9

I made up an air intake this morning out of PVC pipe(3 inch) and the plummer boots. Relocated the air senser and painted to match everything else. Must say it came out better than expected and the sounds alone will more than likely keep the peddle down for a while. Would post pictures if some one would tell me how. Anyway do you know if the mileage will be better or worse(that is if I stay out of it?)
Diaedy
Typically adding any performance modification to an engine will make its gas mileage better - if it's operating more efficiently then it doesn't take as much throttle mashing to get where you need to go. The tendency to use a lead foot when there's more power available hurts the mileage, or if your performance mods shift the powerband to an area that makes your engine have to work harder to go the speeds you normally drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts