Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally posted by Yellow99Dak:

I have resently bought a hard fiberglass tonneau cover with a spolier for my Dak. I bought it used and paid half the retail value. It is by far one of the best things I have bought for my regular cab, since I have no room in the truck. I needed a "trunk" and this takes the cake. I recomment this product to anyone who has been thinking about a hard cover for their truck. I will post pictures soon.

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by fatmat789:

I swear its just my bad luck. I bought my truck and it came with my ARE fiberglass tonneau cover. To me, this product looks damn good and I bet it would be a really nice product if it was installed properly, but all I have had is problems with it.

First of all, on the top of my tailgate where the back of the cover rests had chipped the paint away! It rattles around on the tailgate and chips it more and more everytime I drive my truck.

Second of all, the handle has been giving me problems since day one. It rattles too and the paint has litterally peeled its way off from where it moves up and down. But right now from where the paint has peeled away, its not visible unless its move upward and you can see where the handle hides it when its down.

Third, whoever installed this cover is a complete idiot! Instead of using the clamps that ARE gives with their covers, he/she decided to drill some holes and use 4 bolts (2 per side) to hold it down! Its held on good but I'm stuck with it now and I can never get a low profile one.

Fourth, its rattles constantly. Whenever my truck shifts from 1st gear to 2nd and then to 3rd, all you heard in the cab is metal rattling. Its very annoying....I am guessing its the end of the cover rattling on the top of the tailgate.

But anyways, this cover could have been really nice if there was a dumbass who installed it

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted at YellowDak99:

fatmat789 I am sorry to hear that. Sounds like whomever did install your cover should be shoot to doubt. Mine is in perfect condition. The guy whom I bought it off of had it 2 months and then got rid of the truck and took the cover off. And that is when I bought it off of him after some time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts