Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
sixpack
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 99 Durango 5,9 4wd with automatic tranny. I have to replace most brake lines due to rust. The line over to the right front wheel is a tough one, does anyone know if this might be replaced (in one piece) only by pulling the radiator and fan shroud? I know I have to disconnect the radiator overflow and the automatic tranny cooling line too. Will there be a lot more to disconnect or remove to get a correct new one-piece line in?

I appreciate all advices here.

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
i dont think anyone sells one piece factory bent lines anymore. just get a few smaller sections to make fitting easier. bend one till it fits, leave it in place, then use a union and connect the second piece to it and bend as needed. thats what ive done in the past. and you dont need to put the line back in the exact same place as the factory, just make sure they dont get into the fan or rub on any frame/body parts.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Get a wire coat hanger.
Straighten it.
Measure it.
Use it to mock up the line path and use that as a template to bend up a new line.
As mentioned, you do not HAVE to follow the exact path as before as long as it is out of the way.

Kevin

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
just drop the line straight down, under the motor to the other side:mullet:

:funny:

·
sixpack
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your inputs. It all went fine without pulling the radiator. My friend helping me wrench here just pulled the plastic splash shields under the car and left inner fender to make room here. The new one isn't in yet, but I think the problem is solved. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts