Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Juice Junky
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I drive a 2001 Dakota R/T and I currently have a set of Goodyear Eagle RS-A P255/55R17 and are in need of a new set. Goodyear wants $200 a tire for a new set of Eagles. Does anyone have any recomendations for a different tire that costs less but is similar in style?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Axiom said:
Hello,
I drive a 2001 Dakota R/T and I currently have a set of Goodyear Eagle RS-A P255/55R17 and are in need of a new set. Goodyear wants $200 a tire for a new set of Eagles. Does anyone have any recomendations for a different tire that costs less but is similar in style?

Thanks.
The Kumho 711 costs about $100 a tire from Discount Tire Company and is a nice inexpensive replacement for the Eagle RS-A.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
I don't know how much luck you've had out of the 711's but I perfer the Kumho STX over them. I have had both the 711 and the STX. I wouldn't run the 711 in the rear but for the front there alright. Now I have the STX on all 4 corners and I like them alot!!. I have 255/50 up front and 275/60 in the back. Traction is alot better with the STX in the rear. :biggthump

I think www.tirerack.com has the best deal on Kumho's

·
Juice Junky
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check both sets out, thanks for the help. :biggthump

1 - 5 of 5 Posts