Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a bolt-in replacement for the factory driving lights on my 2000 R/T? I have a broken one and was just wondering if there is an option besides a dealer replacement.

Thanks!
D :huh:

·
Registered
250 Posts
there are a ton of aftermarket replacements. just check ebay for a few.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Depends what you're looking for. Do you want to upgrade or are you looking for an inexpensive alternative? I know PIAA makes a direct replacement but that'll be some $$$, but it's a better light. The 4" Hella Angel Eyes will work as well, those run about $50-$60/pair.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys! :)

Price is not a big concern, what I am mainly interested in is something that will bolt in and be better than my stock lights. I've been doing a lot of night driving in rural areas and am sick on not being able to see.

Are there any decent upgrade bulbs for the headlights too?

Thanks!
D :mullet:

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
slantzilla said:
Thanks for the replies guys! :)

Price is not a big concern, what I am mainly interested in is something that will bolt in and be better than my stock lights. I've been doing a lot of night driving in rural areas and am sick on not being able to see.

Are there any decent upgrade bulbs for the headlights too?

Thanks!
D :mullet:
For the headlights, I like the sylvania (sp?) silverstar series. Nice white beam and a little brighter.

M

·
0 Posts
why pay?

I never did this, because it has to very illegal. But I had to post this, because it is pretty funny what people will do to save a buck. I have heard of guys going down to a rental car place and renting a dakota with fog lights and swaping them out for thier broken ones. doesn't that cost roughly the same? :nono:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I second the sylvania silverstars. I had those in my '03 and it was a HUGE improvement over stock. If you really need some light, get yourself a safari bar for the front and throw some deer-jackers on it. That'll get attention.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
mrmoresex said:
I never did this, because it has to very illegal. But I had to post this, because it is pretty funny what people will do to save a buck. I have heard of guys going down to a rental car place and renting a dakota with fog lights and swaping them out for thier broken ones. doesn't that cost roughly the same? :nono:
maybe they're getting more than just lights. if it's just the lights then it's a dumb idea. you could probably test drive one and swap it out for nothing.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I have the Sylvania Silverstars as well and love them. There was a group buy going on for the diamond clear and headlights for 175 shipped. Contact Adam for info. on that. I also second the motion on the safari bar and super powerful driving lights. I am going with PIAA 540's on my bar!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
PIAA 510 / 520 are direct replacements. I know a couple of people that have them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! :mullet:

Where would be the best place to get the PIAA's? I tried a Google search but haven't found anything that helps much. :huh:

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Try PIAA.com and find the exact size you are looking for and then look up the model number on Google and Ebay. Good Luck. let us know what you decide to get!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GOON'S D said:
Try PIAA.com and find the exact size you are looking for and then look up the model number on Google and Ebay. Good Luck. let us know what you decide to get!
Thanks, I think I found what I want. Time to burn up the ol' Mastercard. :mullet:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts