Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Likes More Power!
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1998 D, 5.9

Went to use my truck a few weeks ago & it was d-e-a-d . I couldn't get to it right away, so I put it on to charge for a couple of days. After pulling the charger and letting it sit for a couple more days, it would just click the starter.

Went to parts store & had battery tested- bad. Replaced battery & it fired right up. Now it will not idle! :cussing: All I did was replace the battery, it ran fine before. Once I'm underway, it makes plenty of power, but it will die in gear if I let off the gas.

Did a search here & the only thing I'm seeing similar is the IAC motor by the throttle body. Would a lack of voltage cause this to fail?

EDIT
Let it sit for a while & now it appears to have fixed itself- everything is back to normal. Either that, or it feared being replaced by a Chevy since I sold my other Pontiac :D.

Must have been a learning curve w/ the PCM.

·
Banned
7,509 Posts
my ranger did the same thing. let it set for about 3 weeks. and it ran rough and would die when let off the gas. after driving about 5 miles it mostly cleared up. what the ford shop told me was ther is a penglem (sorry cant spell) I think somewhere in the TB or somewhere. they said it will build up with carbon if not ran. but after running for a bit it will clear up. so nothing to worry about. just something with fuel injection. after that prob with my ranger it never came back. just start your truck every other day or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts