Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Semper Fi
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I have searched .. alot. Anyways, I plan on buying a beater eventually so the Dak will just be a trail toy. Is there any negative side effects of removing the sway bars front/rear, besides excessive body roll which doens't bother me to much. Like does removing the front put more stress on certain front end peices? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
i've done this mod on older stuff with great results (just be careful driving it home from the trails till you get used to it).i can't say what it would do to the newer stuff (as long as you have good bump stops,i think you will be fine).

·
Rock Crawler
483 Posts
Be careful if you plan driving on the street at all w/o sway bars. I personally haven't messed with any Dak sways but my Jeep Cherokee and Bronco II both were sans sway bars at one point.

My Bronco II (w/ 4" Skyjacker susp) drove great w/o sway bars. My Jeep (6.5" susp) on the other hand was fine w/ the rear disconnected...but scary (on the road) w/ the front disconnected. I eventually installed quick disconnects for the front sway on my Jeep.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Took both off when I broke my front link, and never looked back, couldn't be happier. It's been 40K since I took them off.

·
Semper Fi
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good deal, i havent looked yet but are there any rivets i need to drill off when doin this? or is it just an unbolt procedure, any tips o advice to make the removal go smoother would help !!

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Simple bolts.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Took both off when I broke my front link, and never looked back, couldn't be happier. It's been 40K since I took them off.
Interesting. I might try that sometime. The lift coils are stiff so you get less sway, but stock 2wd on everyday roads is not a good idea!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts