Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I need to replace the crappy speakers in the front doors of my 98 sport extended cab, one blew out the other day. I figured out how to unhook everything but the power window and door lock switch. How do you detatch the switch from the door panel? :help:

Thanks, Phil

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
you should have some red tabs that you just pull back.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah on my truck i had the red tabs that kinda lock the conector in place... but even after doing that it is a tight fit so just work at it and itl come out... they are a pain in the but! i have a 02 dak that i replaced the speakers in too so good luck!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys!!!
I ordered replacement speakers from Crutchfield Sunday afternoon and the arrived on my door step Tuesday afternoon. Wow talk about service!!!
Gonna put the new speakers in this afternoon, can't wait to hear them.

Thanks again for the help, Phil

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of speakers you fella's get? I recently installed a Pioneer headunit and the stockers just aren't doing any justice. Its about time to trash em'. :clap2:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most Dakotas have 6 1/2s in the front and rear... I installed Alpine 17LS Type Rs components....hoooo weeee... sounds NICE...well that is if you run it off a ALPINE V12 4 channel amp... it may look like it wont give the 6 1/2s alot of bump...trust me ...it WILL!
I'm about to upgrade the speakers to Pioneer 1891s...(at least i think that is the model number)...you can't miss 'em....the 6 1/2s 4-WAY... those are the LOUDEST and CLEAREST 6 1/2s I ever heard of in my entire career at Best Buy. :mullet:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts