Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So I am going to create a "rear seat delete" kit for my truck cause everyone I know is around my size (6'+) so a Lil Rear seat is just waste of space...

Anywho, does anyone know how to get the cushion part of the seat BACK off? Or the bottom parts (that fold up) for that matter... I didn't look really closely, but nothing jumped out and bit me when lookin at it... I am going to make panels that screws in the pads place outa 1/8" hardwood and cover with carpet. I think it'd look better with a storage area than with a seat that I can't use... Plus it saves weight! =) Yea... Cause I'm worried about THAT

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
well well well looks like this is your lucky day. I just took mine off to have suede put on.

It's real simple to take off.

1. take the plastic cover off
2. Unscrew 4 screws
3. pull out and push down

Thats the back rest.

Now for the seat cushions let the seats up and unscrew the 4 nuts in each seat. after that you should be able to find what holds those brakets into place. I didn't look cause I didn't plan on going that far.

Any other ? let me know

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adam said:
Now for the seat cushions let the seats up and unscrew the 4 nuts in each seat. after that you should be able to find what holds those brakets into place. I didn't look cause I didn't plan on going that far.

Any other ? let me know
Is this on the Older Gen (I got a 92) and I don't see any bolts on the bottom part of the seat at all... I'll double check it tomorrow afta work! Thanks for the help on the backrest part... That Crossover panel (the plastic one) is just a snap on deal yes?

·
REGISTERED ABUSER
1,520 Posts
adam?? whats behind the back of the seat cushions?? would it look good if itjust took them off and dint replace them with anything??

·
shake them babies
3,550 Posts
behind the panel that holds the cushions is some insulating foam, and it's then the inner back wall of the cab. i dunno how good the panel looks beneath the cushions though. mine are held to the panel by melted plastic "rivets"

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
MeanThree18 said:
Is this on the Older Gen (I got a 92) and I don't see any bolts on the bottom part of the seat at all... I'll double check it tomorrow afta work! Thanks for the help on the backrest part... That Crossover panel (the plastic one) is just a snap on deal yes?

Sorry bud thats for the 98-03 models. But my crossover panel did snap on and off.

·
Old SchooL'!
3,065 Posts
02 is different adam... no screws on the seat back just pops off

adam?? whats behind the back of the seat cushions?? would it look good if itjust took them off and dint replace them with anything??

It would look like shit!!! that pannel (seat Back) covers up where the other pannels draw up & screw in behind it so all of that would be in the open I wouldn't recomend it!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts