Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im probably just being a retard, but i cant figure out how to get the passenger door off. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
There are two ways to do it, one is to take the fender off and unbolt the hinge, the other is to beat off the door pin. Haha. beat off.

But seriously, thats how I did it at a junkyard.

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
take the fenders off. much easier to line it back up and reinstall. junkyard... beat the shit out the pins with a long 3/8 extension untill u can grab the head w/ vise grips. then beat the vise grips on them till they come out. at least how i do it on chevys.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had assumed that i had to remove the fender, i thought i got all of the bolts out of the fender, but still couldnt get it off, i guess i should just get a haynes manual. Id assume that it would show me all the bolt locations? thanks guys

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
whats holdin you up? is it tight at bottom or top. if its bottom, look underneath the truck right next to the drip rail. been awhile since ive done one on a dak, but fenders are typically held on by some bolts under the hood, maybe some behind headlight/grille area, open the door and check in there too. and dont 4get bout the valance. theres some that also require the inner fender to be removed from the outer. wish i could be more specific but like i said, ive only ever done one on a dak. at least a yr ago. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats holdin you up? is it tight at bottom or top. if its bottom, look underneath the truck right next to the drip rail. been awhile since ive done one on a dak, but fenders are typically held on by some bolts under the hood, maybe some behind headlight/grille area, open the door and check in there too. and dont 4get bout the valance. theres some that also require the inner fender to be removed from the outer. wish i could be more specific but like i said, ive only ever done one on a dak. at least a yr ago. hope this helps.
i removed all the ones from under the hood, from behind the headlight, from the bottom, i guess i didnt really check by the door. I was getting frustrated the last time i was screwing around with it, i guess ill just need to take my time. Thanks

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I think that's all of them, there might be another one in the top right side of the fender in the last pic, but I forget.
Ha there we go, i missed the ones on the inner fender, thanks man i appreciate it!:banana2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts