Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Doesnt Afraid of Anything
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damnit to hell... so i brign my truck back to campus with me this week. i have t gba week early for training. the parking lot is very, very empty. yet i still park way away from any other possible "wanted" parking spots. find a nice corner spot and park all along the edge. yet, some bitch decides to still park next to me. not a big deal, but when i go out to my car i see a nice, dent on the driver side fender. god i was pissed. went out tonight to leave a nice racing stripe on their car, but they were gone.. smrat move on hem. but i know the car. some little POS scion. cant wait!! anyway, and tricks for removing them. and of all the times to get one too. when the parking lot is empty.. stupid fuckers!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Isn't that always the way? When we shop I tell my wife I could park on the roof and still come out to see little cars parked next to us, empty lot or not. So sorry.

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
6,840 Posts
i have learned to not care as much and just park by people. i have actually noticed less marks and dents. at work i always park in the same spot, halfway out by a little tree and i noticed a quarter sized dent on my rear door. i was pissed.

·
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't that always the way? When we shop I tell my wife I could park on the roof and still come out to see little cars parked next to us, empty lot or not. So sorry.
hahahah hot damn. that it the truth isnt it.. havent had (or noticed) any dings or what not when the parking lot is full as can be. but luck would have it that this week, the last week my truck wil be on campus, and when there is about 5 cars in a parkinglot build for 30. i would get the one asshole to park next to me and hit me. boy, i cant tell you how many times ive wanted to come out to my truck and see the door hit my car, just so i can lay my size 13 shoe into their door panel. then only thing stopping me today was i couldnt prove it was that car b/c i notcied it after a drive. but the car was there when i left, and when i returned... it might not have beenthem, but when you just have the feeling that "you know" it was....
i have learned to not care as much and just park by people. i have actually noticed less marks and dents. at work i always park in the same spot, halfway out by a little tree and i noticed a quarter sized dent on my rear door. i was pissed.
ya.. i try not to worry about it, but if ican help it, at all, ill do my best to. i love the pain on my car and realy am trying hard as hell to not get it painted.. for as long as possible

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
dry ice

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
If you really want the dents gone, don't try to screw around with it yourself - find an experienced paintless dent repair professional, it's worth the $$ in the long run. Check and see if there's any roving pros in your area - they're usually a lot cheaper if you're paying them directly instead of contracting through a shop/dealership.

A friend of mine out here has been doing that as his full-time job for a number of years, it's amazing what sorts of dents he can remove from a vehicle without leaving any trace or paint damage.

·
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the info guys.. paintless is what im going for.. weather it works the best or not, it will be better than what i have now and since im not trying to paint anything, then its the best bet. ill look into it when it gets warmer. i guess that would be the best time to do it? i have a few that im wanting gone..

·
Registered
386 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my Dakota except I never saw who it might have been and it was creased bad, so paintless dent removal didn't work. My dent was about 6 inches long and fairly deep (that sounded dirty LOL). I ended up having to repair mine and painting the fender before I did my 2-tone job.

I have seen a dent removed by heating the area with a heat gun or hair dryer, not enough to melt the paint, but warm enough that you wouldn't want to touch it, and then spray some of that aerosol stuff that is used to clean computer keyboards and other computer components. Hold the can upside down when spraying, as it will come out colder for some reason that way. It is basically the same principal as using dry ice, but less chance of getting frost bite. Probably easier to find than dry ice also.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
Ive found the farther out you park away from people the more assholes you wind up parking near. :jester:

So I just got the ugliest truck I could find and stopped caring.

·
Registered
546 Posts
My technique is to park where the passenger side is at the edge of a lot or section. That way they are most likely to park where their passenger door is facing your vehicle... You are gueranteed a driver will exit/enter the vehicle.. but a passenger not so much.

If you haveto park next to a car, pick a 4 door since their doors are shorter. and actually I find if you do that and park towards the edge of your space so the already parked car door can't reach, folks don't want to park in the other spot next to you so you are pretty safe.

with these techniques, after 2 years, any door or fender blemishes on my car were either there when I bought it or my own dumb fault. It doesn't have side molding either.

The dakota, I don't care so much about. it's an old truck

·
DrPepper
1,150 Posts
Dry ice is Bull S---....tried it last summer,

read all kinds of how-to's on it, tried it several different ways and nothing but a bill for dry ice. :rant:

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I really do not understand why it is that when you park waaaay out in the back corner of the parking lot when you come out from the store or where ever you're at there are at least a couple vehicles parked right next to you.......

I feel your pain man I really do, I work in a grocery store so there are shopping carts always hovering around next to my D. One night when I got off of work I even watched a guy that parked near me push his shopping cart away from his truck right into the D....... I mean c'mon I'm standing right there with the keys in my hands and he just pushed his cart into the D???

So I took the cart and pushed it right back into his truck. It sure is funny how people get angry when you do to them what they do to you.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I really do not understand why it is that when you park waaaay out in the back corner of the parking lot when you come out from the store or where ever you're at there are at least a couple vehicles parked right next to you.......

I feel your pain man I really do, I work in a grocery store so there are shopping carts always hovering around next to my D. One night when I got off of work I even watched a guy that parked near me push his shopping cart away from his truck right into the D....... I mean c'mon I'm standing right there with the keys in my hands and he just pushed his cart into the D???

So I took the cart and pushed it right back into his truck.
It sure is funny how people get angry when you do to them what they do to you.

Good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts