Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I remove the clutch fan from my 4.7, will the stock electric fan be sufficient? Will I need to get another thermostatic switch to turn on the electic fan at a colder temp? Or can i just remove it and go?

G

·
SoLoud,

I have a 4.7 auto and I took my fan off and installed a 180 thermo and have not had any problems. I pull trailers and haul lots of stuff and it works great. don't think you will have any problems. -Jeff

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I'll get that T stat tomorrow.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you get the 180 T-stat? I checked Advance and NAPA auto parts and neither of them have it. Where can i get one from? I would like to pick it up instead of ordering it. But if I have to, i will. Thanks again

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah we have an Autozone, and a Pepboys is a good drive, so ill check Autozone hopefully this evening after work. Thanks., Also, do I need any special tools to remove the fan clutch, I know some fords require a special tool to pull them off. Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
No, after you put the wrench on the nut just whack the wrench real hard. To shock the bolt.

G

·
Hey, SoLoud... if you go to AutoZone, don't ask the parts guy for the T-stat... all they will say is they don't have one for our trucks. Just go back to the T-stat selection in one of the aisles and look for the Robert Shaw Gen II p/n: GT755-180 - High Flow Thermostat, 180 degrees. Thats the one i installed in mine. If you need anymore help just holler.

·
Registered
92 Posts
auto zone in Las Vegas does not carry Robert Shaw

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the info guys! And SSRage, thanks b/c I called Autozone and they said they didnt have it. So, ill just try going to pick one up. Also where is the T Stat located on the 4.7? Ive never paid any attention to where it is. Thanks again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks man i appreciate it!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, before i do this, has ANYONE noticed any difference in power fuel economy or anything? I dont wanna do it if it wont help anything. Thanks.
PS - Need lots of input!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts