Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I need to remove my right wheel well to gain access to mybad upstream 02 sensor above the cat.

Code 051 and 151.

How do you remove the wheel well without detroying it?

Thanks,

·
Registered
21 Posts
whilst your in there, you may want to change out the crank sensor at the same time...as I recall, access to it is through the wheel well...and if that baby goes, you don't. Just a thought...

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
I just replaced both of my wheel wells as they got broke in the accident. All I did was took a medium/thin phillips screwdriver and used it as a pry bar. Just stick it in beside those plastic rivets and give it a good pop. They'll pop off. You can go to your local NAPA or other store to buy some replacement fasteners that stick into the holes and they have all the plastic fins on them to keep them in. There are like 11 or 12 total. The two that go straight up in the middle/front are the hardest. On the last one I just ripped the sucker off and they broke loose. However, since you need to put it back on, I don't recommend that. BUT, it didn't hurt my wheel well one bit, I never broke a thing on either one and I was pulling the crap out of them because I didn't care if they broke as they were already broken.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.