Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 01 dakota 3.9 i have a flowmaster 40 seris muffler with duals but i have heard if you remoive the cat it will make yor exhaust louder is this true and if so does it fuck up your computer

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
living in N.C. you might want to buy a dummy or high flow cat. the inspection team will get ya :jester: unless you have a hook-up of course

·
Registered
85 Posts
2001BlueDakota said:
i have a 01 dakota 3.9 i have a flowmaster 40 seris muffler with duals but i have heard if you remoive the cat it will make yor exhaust louder is this true and if so does it fuck up your computer

let me put it too you like this. i had my 40 series (single exhaust) put on and i was satisfied, and i WAS thinking about putting a dual exhaust on, but after i cut the cat off it sounded mean i didnt need the dual. but the only thing is now i'm rollin on 20's and my exhaust sounds good and my sounds is bumppin everytime i pull up to a light someone wanna run and the ol 3.9 aint killin sh!t. (thinkin bout droppin a ol v-8 out a 1500 97' ram :drool: , ba cheese aint to good {gotta pay for college :dammit:})

·
Registered
504 Posts
It will play games with the PCM and the smog police will withhold your right to drive. If it were me I would leave the exhaust alone and spend more time working on the things that make the truck go faster. By opening up the exhaust too much on your 3.9 you will loose HP and torque and in the worst case the valves will start to burn away on you.

Open up the air intake and up grade the ignition system, this will bring more life to the 3.9 then by up grading the exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts