Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Professional Ameteur
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever do a door removal mod like all of the xj people do? I want to either want to make half doors or tube doors to enjoy the summertime. I've looked at the jeep mods and was wondering if it would much different for the daks. I saw one person with tube doors on a dak a while back. They looked pretty cool, so i'd hope i could do the same
-Jm5

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
Like this? :)

·
Professional Ameteur
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
Not sure on those, but on the wranglers the mounting is no where near close. They have a small tube that slides into a mounted tube on the door. To take the doors off on a wrangler is take a strap off, and open the door and pull up. If you want to loose the doors, open it, unhook the wires, and unbolt the doors. They are heavy, and you wont have the cargo lights, youll have to turn those off.

·
Professional Ameteur
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure on those, but on the wranglers the mounting is no where near close. They have a small tube that slides into a mounted tube on the door. To take the doors off on a wrangler is take a strap off, and open the door and pull up. If you want to loose the doors, open it, unhook the wires, and unbolt the doors. They are heavy, and you wont have the cargo lights, youll have to turn those off.
I wish every door was as easy as a wranglers. I'd port probably put a wire connector block on each door for ease. they can't be much heavier than an xjs doors

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
Well take into account our doors are longer and thicker.

·
Just a guy with a truck
1,157 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts