Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Troll Behind The Dog
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for just that, No alarm or anything else, unless I have no other choice...These winter fire calls are starting to kick my ass...I wanna be able to start it at the drop of the tones, and possibly, it be a little warm by the time I get into her...and...It had time to run before I shift and go...

Anyone have one they like? dont Like?

Ideas?

·
don't feed the bears
10,668 Posts
i have a compustar my buddies uncle installed.. i love it.. I dont knwo the model or anything but its a one button unit (lock/unlock..hold to start) its awesome.. well worth the money IMO.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just picked one up for my wifes durango from walmart last week ...marked down to $50, haven't hooked it up yet but, a friend of ours, who bought one and has hooked his up already loves it. (remote start...bulldog model RS82B )
Hope this helped

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
70 Posts
I just picked one up for my wifes durango from walmart last week ...marked down to $50, haven't hooked it up yet but, a friend of ours, who bought one and has hooked his up already loves it. (remote start...bulldog model RS82B )
Hope this helped
i juat looked for it on the website and i cant find it..i need to get me one too:huh:

·
The Troll Behind The Dog
8,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hope this helped
I just read reviews they seem to work good but most have said that there are other items you need to install in order for it to work, Basically not everything comes in the kit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just read reviews they seem to work good but most have said that there are other items you need to install in order for it to work, Basically not everything comes in the kit.
From what I had read on the bulldog website I "shouldn't" ( lol ) need any other part to hook it up to her durango, guess I will find out when it comes time to put it in

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,227 Posts
I have two Astrostart units, both 10 years old, never a problem with either.

·
http://extremedakotas.co.
2,493 Posts
:woot:
Hope this helped
i just picked this up tonight maked down another $6 dollars so got it $44

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Bulldog units are good inexspensive units...... I have had a total of 5 (in various cars), and have had zero trouble out of them. If you get the only remote start version (no keyless entry), you can wire it up to start with your factory keyless remote.... very cool imo

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
i had an avital on my 04 sxt, never let me down. it was purchased and installed at the local audio shop for like $150 or $200 (cant remember). yes, i could have done it myself, but its just easier to have them do it. sometimes im lazy :) a lot of the dealerships in town start running free remote start specials in the fall for new vehicles, and they send all their vehicles to this shop that did mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts