Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody please tell me if the Reflexxion steel hoods are a paint and install item or do the need alot of body work to get a nice fit like the factory hoods?? Also where is the best place to buy them

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
quaddak said:
Can anybody please tell me if the Reflexxion steel hoods are a paint and install item or do the need alot of body work to get a nice fit like the factory hoods?? Also where is the best place to buy them
Once the grille and hardware were installed, it took about ten minutes to install the hood on the truck. Fit up was perfect.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the information, I can't wait until my truck is half as nice as both of yours. I was just concerned it would need body work and alot of time to get it to fit correctly or needing welding and shaping, we all know how most aftermarket parts fit. I had a nitemare with the last hood I replaced on my old truck but that was fiberglass, so when I saw it was steel I just had to get it, do they package it well?? and where is the best place to get one?
Thanks

2004 Quad Cab,4X4, Chrome Bull Bar, Chrome Nerf Bars, Thats it for now looking into Line X, Bed Cover or Roll Bar +++

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I got mine on a group buy from southeastrt.com for $400. I think there were one or two complaints about minor dents from shipping. Since they are usually shipped from the manufacturer the problem lies with them and the freight companies.

·
July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
Sporttruckdirect.com or streetbeatcustoms.com sells them for a good price. As far as they are packaged...I picked mine up from the factory but it was packaged quite well. If anyone is to blame for damaging it blame the freight company.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.