Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here's the story: My '02 Dakota took a beating in a hail storm here in CO about a month ago. I got lined up to replace my stock hood with a Reflexxion cowl induction hood. I ordered it online (through BTG) and had them ship it to the body shop I was working with. The hood came in and the body shop said that there was a huge dent in the middle of the hood. They immediately loaded it back on the truck and had BTG send a new one. A week later the second hood arrived, and it was beaten up worse than the first. There was a baseball sized dent in the front of the hood and one of the corners was rolled under. The body shop said they would not even attempt to fix the second hood due to the infrastructure damage. I worked with BTG to get a third hood, which I though was on it's way. However I found out from BTG that Reflexxions could not locate a "up to snuff" hood at any of their three distribution centers. I think they may have wanted to just shake me loose, but has anyone else ran into a problem like this dealing with Reflexxions? I did find a hood like theirs from Greathoods, but it's $100 more. So if I get this done, it's going to run around $600 just for the hood, then I'll have to find someone here in CO to paint it. Any help or feedback is appreciated.

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
I bought my cowl hood thru a company called: Prestigious1. They are out of Texas. Mine cost $399 and $125 to ship. They built a mini crate all around it and delivered it by truck. It came black primered and I had to get it painted of course. Thats just my experience. The website is the same name but I could not get it to pull up for some reason. But here is a phone# if interested. 1.800.288.2093. Hopefully the number is still good. Good luck, sorry about the hood damage. Nothing looks sweeter on a Dak than an aftermarket hood. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts