Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original battery is starting to bite it. I noticed today that the green eye on the battery is not green anymore, so before it actually quits on me, I figure I'll replace it. (Did well considering it is the OEM battery and the truck is an 01).

Any recommendations on a decent battery, or just go for a decent priced one with the right specs?

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Another factory battery. That's what I did when I suspected my battery was bad...my factory original is still going strong in my dad's truck.

You got 8-9 years out of that one (in Canada no less...) and you're looking at something else?

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
Mines starting to die to. I'd get another OEM. Mine has been running since 03' so that tells me it must be good.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another factory battery. That's what I did when I suspected my battery was bad...my factory original is still going strong in my dad's truck.

You got 8-9 years out of that one (in Canada no less...) and you're looking at something else?
Good point - just thought I would ask because I figure the dealer is going to bend me over on the cost.........I'll give them a call in the morning and see.

·
Swap Meet Moderator
74,416 Posts
I just bought a new optima battery, have been running optima for 5+ yrs now and always work well for me!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I put a Napa battery in my Mustang about 5 years ago and the battery is in the trunk of it. It was still working flawlessly when I traded it off in October.

I agree though about the Mopar batteries, they are great. I don't know how much they are, because mine was replaced under warranty in 2002, but my green light is still on 8 years later. BTW, Dakota's can wheel hop bad enough to kill a battery, ask me how I know because that is the only reason that I had the battery replaced and my truck is a 2000.

·
Registered
386 Posts
New Mopar battery was $60 for mine back in Dec of '06.
Dang, if I knew they were that cheap, I would have put one in the Mustang :funny:. The Napa one I put in it was $70.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dang, if I knew they were that cheap, I would have put one in the Mustang :funny:. The Napa one I put in it was $70.
Dealer here wants $165 for a new OEM battery.

·
Registered
139 Posts
buy an optima red top it will be the only battery you will have to buy, i have had the same battery in all my cars the last five years. i have ran it completely dead many times and it still holds it charge. most battery's after running them dead a few times will go bad.

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
Optima or Kinetik

·
Registered
49 Posts
i dont know of any aftermarket audio or electrical equipment...but the performance side of me recommends some XS batteries. very nice batteries. http://www.mechman.com has the cheapest prices on them that i have found as well.

otherwise...i've done those big yellow batteries from wal mart with success. took them out before they were in for any really long term use tho. but their biggest is...$70 ish? around me anyways

18,185 Posts
Go to canadian tire....

The stock battery is HUGE... most aftermarket replacements are smaller and don't fit in the tray very well.

I think the one I got was just a motomaster....

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Yeah, the size is by group. The stock battery is actually a group 27. Ask or look for any battery that is a group 27 and it'll fit properly in the stock box.

Part number for the battery in my truck is BB027700AA. Group 27, 700 CCA. Factory installed battery (top level) was 750CCA, this one is just fine. Mopar does sell 750CCA ones...

·
Let it SNOW!
4,152 Posts
i heard that autozone's duralast red-top batteries were top rated battery by consumer reports.

of course, i am too lazy to research this fact at all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts