Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found the notice for the recall on the msn homepage and with the dakota and durango now being recalled, do we have to wait for the recall notice in the mail or can we go straight to the dealership for the repair? has this happened to anyone, where the wheel fell off? it is kind of BS that dodge/chrysler tried to avoid this recall. it only makes them look bad in the end. i love my durango either way though!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I think DC is try'n to put as many restrictions on the recall as they possibly can

2000-2003, 4X4 hell why not say only patriot blue too???? we all have the same ball joints

·
Registered
462 Posts
The dealership will have the ability to call up information on your truck including recalls. I would call first to make sure that the database is set up, if so they should take you in without you having the official notice in hand. Have your VIN at hand when you call.

There are two other recalls on the 03 Dakotas. Both are silent recalls, drive shaft and lower steering linkage, I had both replaced on my 03 R/T. When they pulled the lower steering linkage the darn thing was worn beyond belief and at the time it only had 5,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I called and they told me that it is for 2000-2003, so I lucked out, mine's an 2004 :mullet:

·
Jay
2,891 Posts
I dont know if its related to the recall, but i started hearing this relly bad squiking noise every time i made a right turn last mounth, so i brought my 04' quadcab to the dealer and they said if i would have waited any longer the wheel would have fell off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.