Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94' Dakota. Had the trans. rebuilt, by a shop who's been in bus. 30 yrs. After the rebuild, I drove it about 100 miles. It made a squilling sound & a couple of jerks & lunges, then rev. went out. Took it back to the shop & they said it looked like an oiling problem. (showed me parts that had gotten hot) So they went back into it. Said this time, they drilled out the main shaft & some holes in the drive body, to give it more oil. They also installed a shift kit. Picked it up tonight, drove it less than 60 miles & now it's doing the same thing? It does it bad enough, it almost seems like you put the brakes on, then quits. Won't do it for a mile or so, then starts again. Pretty bad noise. Will be towed back in tom. What gives?

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Sounds like the shop doesn't know what they're doing.

If you're forgiving, give him another shot. If it still doesn't work and he won't give you a good warranty, have it done somewhere else and send him the bill.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds an awful lot like the cooler is plugged. When the cooler plugs, or when a line is severely kinked, the pressure can back up and stall the converter clutch.
That would be the simplest and best problem! Otherwise, there's any number of things that could cause the problem, all of them require the trans to come out for complete inspection/repair.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Trans. man checked today & the radiator cooler is stopped up. We're putting in a new radiator & also an aux. cooler. He's going to go back through the trans. so hopefully I can be riding again soon. Thanks to all for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts