Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a new angle on the truck now. Most of yall who check on here have seen when I whacked a tree. Well now I have a new project now. I had the idea in my head to repaint the truck and black it out. I deemed it project JetBlakDak. But it seeing as I have gone a different way. It will be called BlakDak. But anyway, submitting this thread of my progress and updates on the truck as I go along. Enjoy

Before the wreck

After the wreck

New bed pics

Now the work begins
I have gotten the flares off, and the stripes I had on the truck are gone this morning

Before

Bed lined the inner fenders and painted the tailgate surround

Also some dents around the wheel well were knocked back into shape today, and the left front quarter was bent out, but I got it back into shape today as well. More to come tomorrow when I start the sanding

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had some surface rust

sanded down and taken care of

primer and ready for work now

dent, had rust behind

sanded and primed

Also under coated the wheel wells
before

after

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used a rubberized undercoating. Big can of rustoleum. Looks better than doing bedliner in the well like the last bed had. And it wont stain as fast and is easier to clean

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bumper off and started attacking right side

Got the dents straigtened and body lines remade

here it is all sanded and those biggest problems fixed

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
something to keep you busy. where did you luck up finding a bed with a spray in liner?
yes and no. I have to have all body work done by March. Ill have my shop open for a week. And I found it on craigslist. Guy and I were right on the price. Picked it up 2 days after I found it. I didnt know it had the liner until I got there. I was super happy haha

·
Registered
351 Posts
heck.. wish i could find a drivers side seat to match the factory passenger black leather seat with the dodge emblem on the head rest. (hint, hint) been looking around atlanta for a while now.

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What year you looking for. I might be able to look around for ya. The turnover rate I have on parts is ridiculous. Within 2 hours of the wreck, I had three beds already lined up haha

·
Registered
351 Posts
What year you looking for. I might be able to look around for ya. The turnover rate I have on parts is ridiculous. Within 2 hours of the wreck, I had three beds already lined up haha
this is a picture of what the seat should look like.. they are all power, but i do not want the seat track, just the seat itself. if it's heated leather that's a huge plus but not a deal breaker.. however torn leather is a deal breaker.

I've looked on CL around atl, macon and i've looked on car-part.com..

someone will eventually have it. I've seen them at the pull a part yards. seen a sick set of durango r/t leather seats and when i returned next week with tools.. bam, gone.

Attachments

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn well Ill look around for ya. Yards around here in south ga dont have much. But I will be at an upholtestry shop in about 2 months. Might be able to help ya out with some custom stock looking leathers

·
Registered
351 Posts
What's new on the truck? Painted yet?

Hey, speaking of paint what do you think it'd run for a single cab dakota repainted solar yellow? No major body work just some dings and i want the bumper to match.

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry. Its been slow as the weather really hasnt permited me to do anything. I have wetsanded the front and right side. Not paint yet. Next saturday is when it will be stripped down and primed.

My paint, origional price was 900 for 1 gal of prime, paint, and clear, 3 total. Then I got it down to 303. Single cab id run 3 qts of each. 200-300 range.

·
Registered
351 Posts
is that a shop price or just for materials? I know it's just a guess.. but if i can get it done for 500-600 by a shop, not macco, then I'll look into that.

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well since I paint, then that would be just price on paint. Now if you have a shop do it, then your looking at 600-7000. Depends on where you go and how much work and such you want done. Body shop I worked at charged hella amounts, 10k+ because we did a lot of custom work and stuff. Where are you located at?

·
Registered
351 Posts
macon.

and this truck isn't worth over $4k max... it has the usual dodge clear coat peal and normal dings of it's age. it's solar yellow and just needs a repaint. nothing out of the ordinary or fancy.

on your way to statesboro one night you can swing by and paint it real quick.. ;)

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well shit, my room mates truck thats worth a good 800 got it painted for 295 by my. He had to come to Atlanta for me to paint it and I charged him 200 in food since he likes to cook. Depends what you want and stuff. With the clear coat gone, it need color, prime, and clear. If you want me to, I can post a link of my room mates truck paint. i dont know if you saw it, but his was the first since being out of the body shop I worked at, and now over the summer I have a couple trucks needing paint

·
American Rebel.
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the grille off, working it to perfection

Got mirrors and handles smoothed

bumper is smooth now

before

1 - 20 of 133 Posts