Dakota Durango Forum banner

Rear View mirror problem...

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  JohnnyKo12 
#1 ·
Ok, so i just put in my 2 18" subs for a trial run, and my f~~kin' mirror broke off. No, the sticky part did not fall off, the rod comming off of that actually broke off. My problem is that i have a show to go to Saturday so this is something that has to be fixed! How much can i find a mirror for at a dealership or at a junk yard? Will JB Weld hold this, or would i be better off just spending the money and buying one. If i go to a junk yard, what other dodges have the same mirror? Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Does it have to be an OE mirror? those thing are pretty cheap at autozone.

G
#6 ·
That little button is the auto dimmer. Drive at night, or sometimes suring the day, push it in, and you notice a HUGE difference. I do anyways on my '99 Durango SLT. It kinda has like a slight greenish tint to the mirror when it's on.

#7 ·
I'd try to fix the one that you have now somehow, or just go without one. The problem doesnt come w/ putting a new mirror on, thats easy, but when ppl replace a mirror or reglue it to the windshield, thats when they crack.

I can't explain it, but it seems like after ppl put the mirror back on, thats when the windshield starts to crack around the rearview mirror. I say screw it and you'll just get used to not having it after a while.

#8 ·
might not want to can that mirror. temp fix for now and check ebay after the show

#10 ·
doh I always forget to look at the posted date :jester:

#12 ·
ppl who bring back old posts for no reason need to eat a fat one

lololol I always end up responding to em too though somehow, lol.

#13 ·
JohnnyKo12 said:
ppl who bring back old posts for no reason need to eat a fat one

lololol I always end up responding to em too though somehow, lol.
if you respond then you would have to eat a fat one too :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.