Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Mad Scientist
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a diagram and part numbers for the rear heater hardlines that run under the body on the Passanger side to the rear heater core. I have a pinhole leak in one of them and need to see what the part number is for the one I need, or to try and figure out a fix for it.

For right now, I am going to keep from running the rear Heater. I am thinking that if the rear heater is off, then the Auxilary pump will not cut on and pump water through the rear lines.

Any input?

B

·
0 Posts
If the hole is in a position where you can cut that section out, cut a small section with the hole out and get a piece of heater hose, slip over both ends and clamp them down with hose clamps. I only recommend this as a temporary fix and it may get you thru the winter. After the weather warms up, then buy new parts and fix it right.

·
The Mad Scientist
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am actually thinking about fixing it with Water Weld by wrapping it around the pipe for the time being. Once I get the part numbers I need, then I will order the part from the dealer and fix it properly.

http://www.jbweld.net/products/water.php

I think this will work better than trying to cut the pipe and clamp a short run of hose. I don't have a flare tool to flare the ends of the hard line to keep the hose from slippingor letting water pass. I think the water weld will work better for now.

B

·
0 Posts
I am actually thinking about fixing it with Water Weld by wrapping it around the pipe for the time being. Once I get the part numbers I need, then I will order the part from the dealer and fix it properly.

http://www.jbweld.net/products/water.php

I think this will work better than trying to cut the pipe and clamp a short run of hose. I don't have a flare tool to flare the ends of the hard line to keep the hose from slippingor letting water pass. I think the water weld will work better for now.
You make a good point. :mullet:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts