Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THis is how it all started i think. I have a 01 R/T by the way. I moved to maine and drove the R/T in the snow. Stupid me. And when i was on snow or ice and would spin the tires. If one tire was on ice and one was on tar only one would spinn sometimes and when one tire spun my rear end would make a nasty screeeeeching noise. And say if i pull out to the right on bare tar and hammer on it will make the same noise and only one tire will spin. But if i turn to the right and floor it i will go side ways. Also now if i turn to the right and just give it gas normal, like pulling out of a drive way, my rear end kind of vibrated. I know this may not make snece. But if you can plaes help me

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
It definitely sounds like the posi unit in the rear end is having problems. Your rear end could be very low on fluid, but if it's making some horrid screeching noises you may have already done more damage than can be fixed with a simple fluid change.

I can only assume you're out of warranty. If you can find a place to change the fluids cheaply (or do it yourself) it may be worth trying before looking into a more expensive posi replacement.

I know Sam at SoCal Dakota offers a few options for posi replacements, get ahold of him in the vendor forum for pricing/details.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Cool, I hope that you get her back on the road and running smooth!

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
It soulds like a messed up LSD unit to me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts