Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I know, the rear end gear has never been changed in my truck. It's a Gen II single cab 2wd. I've looked on the rear end, in the glovebox, and in the jambs and can't find anything that identifies what size it is. Other than jacking it up and doing the old spin the tire thing, I'm out. You guys know of anything to save me the work? MUCH appreciated

·
Registered
153 Posts
Have you looked under the front edge of the hood? That's where my GenII has a sticker that is practically a build sheet, including the rear end ratio, whether it's a limited slip, and other info on options. Worth a look.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check it out in the morning. Thanks

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
sometimes there is a small metal tag on one of the housing cover bolts. it tells your ratio. Most people never put it back on if they do a gear oil change. but it may be there
Rob

·
Your hero
561 Posts
Rob454 said:
sometimes there is a small metal tag on one of the housing cover bolts. it tells your ratio. Most people never put it back on if they do a gear oil change. but it may be there
Rob
What he said, and if the tag is not there... you can jack it up and turn the drive shaft and count how many times the shaft turns to make the wheel go around once for a basic idea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts