Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in new york I need a 8.25'' rear with 3.92 gearing and I really really wanted limited slip. let me know what ya got

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As stupid as this sounds I want to just pull the bearings out of mine and switch them out, not swap the entire rear axle. so I don't think a 9.25 is gonna work. MonsterDak if my truck makes it that long how much would you want for it?

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you are just wanting to swap out the carrier it's gonna be a little more involved then that. If you are planning on using a used ring gear and carrier you are gonna need the pinion that was run with it. If not you aren't gonna get a good pattern and most likely a whinning sound from the rear end. Just keep that in mind when you're looking.

·
American Rebel.
13,460 Posts
I would like to swap to a 9.25 with a LSD, how does the drive shaft bolt up? Ive done a fair amount of swaps in a shop, but Ive never gone from the 8.25 to 9.25. I would love to get one if there is nothing major to the bolt up. I can do the swap in the driveway, but I dont want to have to swap out pinions. Enlighten me?

·
Registered
977 Posts
if you guys were closer there is a 2003 durango with the 9.25 with 3.92 gears limited slip and being a 03 is rear disc for probley $150 bucks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts