Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rear Brake/Tail/Stop lamps replacments

Hello to all,

Anyone with an 01' Durango that has changed the bulbs out? My left stop lamp is out and needs a bulb replacemtns BUT the manual says remove the screws and pull out the lense. What screws? I don't see any visible from the outside. Are they the ones to the side of each lense when the hatch is open? I plan to swap out both sides.

rimfire,22

·
Registered
99 Posts
rimfire,22

open your rear tail gate or hatch on your D and you will see the screws.
I changed mine and it`s very easy, after removeing the screws it clips in the oposite side as the screws, you see how when you do it.

Roger :banana2:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
airplane1 said:
rimfire,22

open your rear tail gate or hatch on your D and you will see the screws.
I changed mine and it`s very easy, after removeing the screws it clips in the oposite side as the screws, you see how when you do it.

Roger :banana2:

airplane1,

Thank you so much for the information. I had suspected that those were the screws but wasn't sure. The manual isn't detailed enough. This weekend I'll be doing some bulb switching. Hope it won't take long. BOY those bulbs are expensive!

Thanks again
:bow:

rimfire,22

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rimfire said:
airplane1,

Thank you so much for the information. I had suspected that those were the screws but wasn't sure. The manual isn't detailed enough. This weekend I'll be doing some bulb switching. Hope it won't take long. BOY those bulbs are expensive!

Thanks again
:bow:

rimfire,22

airplane1,

Thanks for your support as I did get a chance to swap out those pesky rear tail light bulbs. It showed that the "stop" bulb was ready to go out soon so I got em in time. So far everythings fine now and the only question is the bulb numbers might be a misprint. I'll figure it out as I go along.

rimfire,22 ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I did not think the bulbs were expensive, I got mine at autozone but I will need to look in the owners manual that came with my D, it tells the type of bulbs in there.

Roger :biggthump

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
airplane1 said:
I did not think the bulbs were expensive, I got mine at autozone but I will need to look in the owners manual that came with my D, it tells the type of bulbs in there.

Roger :biggthump

airplane1,

Yeah man those bulbs are five bucks apiece! When I changed mine out ALL the rear tail lights are 3057 bulbs dispite what I THINK I READ IN THE MANUAL. If I read it correctly the "turn-signal" bulbs are different. IT SEEMS TO TELL ME ONE BULB ON ONE PAGE AND ANOTHER ON THE FOLLOWING PAGE. TOO LATE FOR ME AS i ALREADY SWAPED-OUT THE BULBS AND THEY SEEM TO WORK FINE BUT I HAVE NO ONE TO LOOK BACK HTERE FOR ME TO SEE. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK IN YOUR MANUAL.

rimfire,22 :biggthump

·
Registered
99 Posts
you are right, the manual shows two dif. bulb #s. I did`nt relize that but I put the 3057 bulbs in and they are very bright.

Oh well, they work! :banana2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts