Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Work Truck
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only seen the product at suspensionconnection.com. They are airbags that install in the rear leaf spring suspension. I was wondering if anyone had experience with the product or if anyone knew how much lift they offered, if any.

·
Sideways on Sundays
8,064 Posts
I have that same set up on my Dak. I installed them after I lowered it and the rear axle was hitting the frame every time I hit a small bump (I know, shoulda done a c-notch). They solved that problem, and will give me about 6 inches of lift when fully inflated. They're also nice for when I have my dirt bike in the bed.

·
Work Truck
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6 inches? Thats not bad. Should ride pretty good lifted only about 1.5 to 2 inches? Couple more questions though.

-How do they ride?

-How much were they and where did you buy them?

-How hard to install with a couple of friends help and access to a body/mechanical shop?

Thank you for the input its a good step in what I hope to be the right direction. I plan to do the fabtech 2 inch lift. That only levels the truck out. Problem is I use it as a work truck once in a while and I really need to lift the back too. First off a truck drivin down the road with its ass hangin down to the ground looks terrible and I'm sure with 130,000 miles on em, the rear suspension could use a little help. Could be economical and just pick up some add a leafs but don't want to go airborne every time I hit a bump at more than 20 mph.

·
Work Truck
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
some feedback?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Oh and do I need to get the air compressor kit or can I just adjust it in my driveway with my air compressor and be good to go?

D

·
0 Posts
i have the same thing in the rear as dude up top but mine are by air lift ,i lowered the ride and it waz hitten so air bags it is also for the wheeler.but ride good i put my air lines out the back through the licence plate holes in the bottom i will put a pic if i can they were 375 canadian instaled

Attachments

·
Work Truck
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All right. Thats a good idea runnin the lines through the license plate holes. I'll keep that in mind. I'll be able to fill it up with a typical compressor then right? And will I be able to achieve roughly 1.5 to 2 inches of lift even though i'm not lowering my truck?

·
Sideways on Sundays
8,064 Posts
They ride pretty good, I usually only run about 15lbs., and have no complaints. I got mine thru summit, I think they were $130-$140 bucks. And the install is very simple and straight forward. The hardest part was drilling the holes thru the frame rails to mount the brackets (more time consuming than difficult). You do not need the compressor kit, I just ran the 2 lines out the back and used the small holes under the bumper just below where the license plate sits.

D

·
0 Posts
ya i just carry a bike pump u never no lol how do u guys get your truck on the sig on your post plus i cant even put my truck as an avator because to big shit shit shit

·
Sideways on Sundays
8,064 Posts
drac1 said:
ya i just carry a bike pump u never no lol how do u guys get your truck on the sig on your post plus i cant even put my truck as an avator because to big shit shit shit
BIKE PUMP :rofl: That's funny, but not a bad idea :biggthump To put pics up, go to photobucket.com-it's a free site, you can host your pics there, then you can add em' to your sig with the insert image opt.

·
98 dakota sport
64 Posts
looks good in the rear :biggthump Lets see some pics of the install :banana2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts