Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there sensors on the rear at all? Or is it just on the front? I have an 03 so I am not really sure if the came with it or not. Hmm. If I do a custom rear end and I change out the brakes am I going to get an ABS light? DAMN IT Going fast sucks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
just one sensor in the rear...its on the top of the rear end diff

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well shit, problem solved, don't have to worry about that. I thought the brakes had a sensor for that on it.

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
Thats also the sensor that the speedometer gets its signal from, so without that sensor that will not work either.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats also the sensor that the speedometer gets its signal from, so without that sensor that will not work either.
Yup, the whole center section of the rear end is staying the same. So no issues there. What I am changing out is just the ends. Cutting off the stock ends and welding on Big Ford Ends to adapt a different axle retention system on there. Moser is also selling me a set of Torino rear brakes that work with that end for 350. I just need an empty housing to start the build with. Don't want to take mine off and ruin a set of the 2003 big brakes that a lot of people want. Would be a waste of limited options out there. So instead I will take a drum 9.25 since I will not use the brakes and cut off the ends, the brake bracket, and weld on new ends and the Torino brake brackets and have custom length Moser Axles made for the 31 spline 9.25 rear axle carrier we have and them slap it on the truck. I may even narrow it a couple of inches so the slicks tuck a little better in the wheel well

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
Gotcha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts