Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched all over this forum and couldn't find anything on the Mopar RB1 GPS Navigation radio. It says it will fit any Dodge 02-up with the rounded cornered radios. Now my 01 should be no different from the 02 and 03 if I'm not mistaken. Anyone know if I can make this work in my 01 Durango? It's better that the aftermarket ones because it looks so stock and that's why I want it. Let me know.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
rb1

I have an 03 but I think I got a din and a half and it seems that the rb1 is a little bigger I wuz jus wonderin if it can be done with new dashes or harnesses [/SIZE]

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,954 Posts
myfirstv8 said:
I searched all over this forum and couldn't find anything on the Mopar RB1 GPS Navigation radio. It says it will fit any Dodge 02-up with the rounded cornered radios. Now my 01 should be no different from the 02 and 03 if I'm not mistaken. Anyone know if I can make this work in my 01 Durango? It's better that the aftermarket ones because it looks so stock and that's why I want it. Let me know.....

Yes it will work. The reason it says 02-up is not because of the size and shape, it's because of the plug in the back. They changed it in 02. Just get a Metra 70-1817 harness, and a Metra 71-6502-1 harness. Wire them together. One will plug into your trucks factory harness, the other will plug into the back of the RB1. You'll also need an antenna adapter Metra part number 40-CR20 This will adapt the 01 factory Motorola plug the the RB1's smaller chrysler plug.

Make sure you get the GPS antenna that goes with the RB1 also!

·
3,954 Posts
OH BTW... I have an RB1 How much were you willing to pay for one?

·
3,954 Posts
Oh yeah and I have an RB4 not an RB1 :sorry: Still for sale though! :biggthump

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rb1?

How do i know if i have an RB1.
I have a 2003 Dakota with the navigation. I am just waiting for the DVD to come in. It only has a single slot so i am wondering if it will play cd's while the dvd is in?

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
How do i know if i have an RB1.
two ways:

1) if the navigation offers an actual map, it's an RB1.

2) look closely at the radio's faceplate. there should be a small "RB1" in white letters somewhere on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The RB1 has a part number of P56038629AA thru AI with H & I having the capability of the iPod harness. The RB1 uses one DVD and the RB4 take two (one for the eastern U.S. and one for the western U.S.) I have a P56038629AH for sale if anyone is interested. Works great, has a 05064033AA DVD and owners manual. You would need to buy the antenna kit 5066205AC. $700 plus shipping is all I need.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes it will work. The reason it says 02-up is not because of the size and shape, it's because of the plug in the back. They changed it in 02. Just get a Metra 70-1817 harness, and a Metra 71-6502-1 harness. Wire them together. One will plug into your trucks factory harness, the other will plug into the back of the RB1. You'll also need an antenna adapter Metra part number 40-CR20 This will adapt the 01 factory Motorola plug the the RB1's smaller chrysler plug.

Make sure you get the GPS antenna that goes with the RB1 also!
This is an old thread but worth bumping, I believe. I followed the above advice ... almost. I didn't realize there was a difference between Metra 71-6502-1 (as listed above; bold is mine) and 71-6502 (no -1 suffix), and I ordered (and soldered) the latter before realizing that I was missing the PCI wire. Now I get to either add a wire or cut it apart and start over with the correct harness. Thought it was worth mentioning so no one else makes my stupid mistake. :)

Note that this still won't get you the connector at the other end for the PCI wire, but at least the wire is there to work with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts