Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you still crank your torsion up 2"s with rancho lift? The kit came with a 2" rear block but I wanted to replace it with a 4" block and crank the torsion up 2" for a total of 5"s of lift.

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
I believe I have seen a few guys that have cranked the t bars with the rancho lift without any problems. Where did you find a rancho lift at? I've been looking for one for years.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually bought the lift and installed it awhile back and I bought another car so I just left the dakota with just the suspension lift, but now I'm going to start working on the lift again. I just ordered the body lift but while I'm waiting for that to come in I'm actually going to buy a 4" rear block and crank the torsions now that I got your advice. I just want to go as high as I possibly can without having to go straight front. The only problem I have left is that I want to run a 15x10 rim size.

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
I don't think you can run 15's with the rancho lift.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn I knew it!!! Do you know why? What if I got a set of 1.25 adapters?

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
I had mine about 1.5" above where the Rancho kit put them, personally I wouldn't recommend going any higher then that really as it would ride pretty crappy

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
Damn I knew it!!! Do you know why? What if I got a set of 1.25 adapters?
I believe the 15's won't clear the spindles that come with the rancho kit. I'm not sure if a different offset or spacers will be enough to clear.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's a guy I see on car domain running 15x10s he has a 2000 quad cab though I have an 02 is the kit different from these years?

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
I don't see why it would ride any worse than a stock truck with the torsion bars cranked. All the rancho lift does is move all of the suspension components down 3 inches.

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
There's a guy I see on car domain running 15x10s he has a 2000 quad cab though I have an 02 is the kit different from these years?
The kits are the same. The offset of the wheels must be enough to clear the spindles. Now that I think of it, there is a guy on another forum running the same wheels that I have with his rancho lift. 15x8 pro comp 1069 wheels. Not sure off hand what the offset is though.

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
The Rancho lift uses the stock spindles, 15s work just fine with no spacers or anything. The Rancho kit also relocates the droop and bump stops which may account for the ride quality issues trying to squeeze 5"+ out of a 3" lift. I was running mine at about 4.5" over stock with a 3" block in the back on the stock 15x8s no spacers and 35x12.50s.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The rancho doesnt use stock spindles, i just installed the kit on my truck last summer along with a bl and torsion. So as far as that lift combo, its perfectly fine. 15" rims? From what i keep finding, you can only run 16 minimum for clearance. I still have stock rims and tires on my truck.

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
The Rancho 3" that was on my 99 in that picture did indeed use the stock spindles, and those are obviously the stock 15x8s bolted to it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I already bought the rims so I guess I'll order the spacers and cross my fingers, I got the rims super cheap anyway but it's for a 6x5.5 bolt pattern and I was going to get wheel adapters to change the bolt pattern because finding rims in our bolt pattern blows!!! And with all these tacomas Craigslist is full of 6x5.5 rims.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The rancho doesnt use stock spindles, i just installed the kit on my truck last summer along with a bl and torsion. So as far as that lift combo, its perfectly fine. 15" rims? From what i keep finding, you can only run 16 minimum for clearance. I still have stock rims and tires on my truck.
Hey man can you post a picture of your truck? Also the one I. Your sig on the bottom is that the same lift?

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
The 99 and earlier uses stock spindles. 00 and up comes with new spindles because it doesn't use drop brackets for the upper control arms.

·
Benz Tech
889 Posts
Where did you find a rancho kit at? I've been searching for a couple years with no luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Adapters should be here soon crossing fingers that the 15x10s clear also going with dunlop mud rovers wanna go 31s just cause I don't want to re-gear.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts