Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 dakota with the 3.9l V6. I have been looking for a functional ram air hood and can not find one. Does anyone know if I can buy on the is made for the 4.7 V8 and modify it to work with my engine?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Rat as far as I know that haven't made a functional one for a 4.7L yet cuz I been looking. Does yours have the new 3.7L V6 or the old 3.9L? If its the old 3.9L I believe you can order one of the functional ones for the 5.9L V8.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 3.9 and have seen functional hoods for both V8s but not for the V6. I have spent days looking for it and have only found nonfunctional hoods.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i believe the ones that are functional for the v8 will work on the v6 since the air boxes are located in the same spot

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I keep getting reffered to the AAR site, but I still cant pull up any pictures or prices. It may be this Govt. computer. I like the hood, can you tell me how much you paid for it? Also I noticed you $3 PVC on your air intake. How is that working for you? The throttle body is nice. how much of a differance did that make and how much did it cost?

I really appreciate all the info.
Ian

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I think I had to call them to get prices, but mine was $400 I think. The ram air set up was like $50 more.

The PVC works great, big boost in acceleration same with the F&B throttle body. Low end improvement and that throttle body pulls hard to red line it's great. The throttle body was probably $450 I bought it during a group buy when Bruce first made these things so maybe it has gotten more expensive I don't know.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I really appreciate the help. Is your truck a 3.9 or 4.7? I didn't notice. I have notice that alot of people have the MSD 6A ignition and 3923 plugs. How much of a differance do these make in performance and Gas milage?

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Mine is a 3.9. I just put on the MSD and the 3923 to soon to tell on mileage. I've seen some people get 2mpg better because of it. My truck accelerates smoother and seems quicker though.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
$150 for the 6A (don't get the odd fire unit) at Kragen or Summit, the blaster ss coil is $35

1 - 13 of 13 Posts