Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I got a 2004 Dodge ram 1500 with a 4.7. recently the timing guide broke, bent a valve, dropped the valve seat and blew a hole in the piston on cylinder 1. I have completely rebuilt the engine with new Pistons, rods rings at the motor bored 10 over I installed 4.7 ho heads with the cams everything in the motor is practically new including the oil pump windage tray everything is new....
Prior to the engine swap the vehicle ran fine on a DiabloSport tuner. the only check engine lights I ever had over the course of 40,000 miles was an EVAP code because my EVAP system is messed up.
the truck is back together and running and runs perfectly fine driving down the road but has a weird intermittent rough idle. At first it was actually stalling now it will not, but it is low somewhere around right around 500 RPM.
I am getting a random multiple misfire code p0300. p0175, p0420, p0430
I've looked for vacuum leaks I've never even felt vehicle misfire so I don't think it actually has a misfire I don't know maybe I'm crazy but I cannot figure out why it's running rich and throwing the p0300. The strangest part is that the p0300 isn't always there. If I clear it and drive it for a day all the codes come back but that one. If I clear again it may or may not come back. Right now it's been three days and it's not back. Over 200miles
I do have the Diablo tuner on it and when I take the tuner programming off the vehicle runs even worse it actually stutters upon acceleration and wants to fall on its face when the tuner is on it corrects the issue but still has the above stated situations
Any input would be helpful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It seems to me its some kind of electric issues? Have you reconnected all the wiring after the engine rebuild? Look up the power steering Pressure switch issue, not uncommon but very tricky to diagnose if you never heard of it. Switch goes bad and leaks fluid through the wiring all the way in to the ECM, happened to me a few years ago on a vacationtrip. How about oxygen sensor? Can you read live data while driving with the tuner, that can give some more clues to whats going on, for example strange A/F ratios.
/Martin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sensors all reading good values. B2s2 seems to be lower than the rest. I used a laser temp gauge and noticed my Cats are way too hot. I think that's the issue. The cats are no good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I fixed the P0300 and the P0175 by removing the Throttle body and sensors plugged into it and thoroughly cleaning it all. Been a week and no codes. Only codes left are P0420 and P0430 for both cats

1 - 4 of 4 Posts