Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys ive got a question is it possible and not too hard to use a 4.7l type rad. on a 97-99 style core support?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody?

·
"][" {[]} {[]} ][_ 
17,338 Posts
Core supports are the same.
Its the way the radiators mount that is different. The 00 and ups radiator mounts to the front of the support. The 99s mount below/behind. Not to mention the 99 and down radiator overflow tanks will not work with a 2000 and up radiator. So if you change that tank to an aftermarket one. You should be fine. You would also need a new radiator hose as the newerones have the cap in the middle of the hose.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea im gettin the hose with the rad, and i plan to figure out something on the o/f tank, will the 00 and up overflow tanks mount to the 99 and down core support?

thanks for the reply, if all else fails, i have another rad for my other truck that i havent finished workin on and ill put it in my dd, but i hate robbin from another truck to fix one so yea....

·
"][" {[]} {[]} ][_ 
17,338 Posts
Take a pic of your 99 style from the back side and ill tell you. I have my 2000 tanks removed and will look compare the 2.

·
Registered
333 Posts
ive seen someone replace the stock radiator with a real nice aluminum one before. That was years ago though but it looked real good and wasnt expensive

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aight ill get u a pic tomorrow,

reiddizzle, i also look into doin that, i looked on here at the parts info page and email gs motorsports and never got a reply, but idk if they are still in business

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jmaack727, i got the parts and it looks to me that they bolt to the rad itself if not i can make it work, but does anyone know if ill have trouble with the trans cooler lines threading or being the right length?

and how many of you guys are usin a aux. cooler, what type/ brand, and how hard was it to install?

·
"][" {[]} {[]} ][_ 
17,338 Posts
Yeah I do believe the tanks do with 4 bolts iirc. I completely forgot about that. Its what i have my jaz overflow tank mointed to. The 2 bolts on the driver side that are part of the radiator.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool, any ideas on the cooler lines?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts