Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My R/T is currently my daily driver so I bought some cheap $300 All Terrain tires to mount on my spare 15's for winter. I just got back from testing them out and im very impressed, I didnt get stuck once and I went through some pretty deep snow, up hills, down hills, etc. Last year with my street tires I got stuck too many times to remember. We got about 7-8 inches of snow in most parts and over a foot in some of the valleys. Here are a few picts of my trucks "good" side :jester:

Reactions: domay11

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
nice. looks good on there actually.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Looks like fun to me! I bet that R/T does some wicked dounuts in the snow.

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like fun to me! I bet that R/T does some wicked dounuts in the snow.
Yea its pretty easy to get sideways when sticking your foot in the gas lol Its tons of fun.

·
Black Knights roflmao
2,368 Posts
That blue looks nice in the snow.

I wish I had more pictures of my truck in the snow. Got 5-7 inches today and had it out playing, but I just don't really feel like getting out of it to take a pictures. Not motivated enough. Maybe I will this weekend if I get bored enough.

Quick story: Was driving around the school lot drifting around the lot when my truck got hit by a snow ball. Threw it in reverse, got out, and pancaked that ****** into a snow bank and almost broke the mirror off his jetta. He's lucky its a folding mirror. Fuck him.

I love the tail light - job by the way.

·
Registered
399 Posts
We got about 3 inches of snow in Dallas and I had to drive my R/T as the heater was out in my Rango. Found an empty parking lot and got in the gas, ended up making 3 full 360s. What great fun! :drive:

·
6.9 6 speed
5,421 Posts
I would get stuck in the amount of snow in the pictures lol

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
I love the LeMans in the snow. They are basically shit everywhere else.

BTW R/Tizzle has been patented. You'll be hearing from my Lawyer.

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
snow pics sound like a good idea, but I'd never get my truck back into the garage, even if all I did was pull forward and back it right back in!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
You should paint your starfish intense blue, or some other crazy color.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Get rid of the centercaps if you don't have all 4...

Be glad you have an LSD. 2wd is no fun at all in winter with an open diff.

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get rid of the centercaps if you don't have all 4...

Be glad you have an LSD. 2wd is no fun at all in winter with an open diff.
I have all 4 caps, I just forgot to put the fronts back on after removing the wheels earlier.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
funny how the slight change in wheels makes it go from show truck to work truck lol

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
snow drifting is TONS of fun!

I've had the Focus sideways after yanking teh e-brake up. Soo much fun.

·
Registered
286 Posts
LSD is scary in the snow!!!!! I think i'd rather had an open diff, every time my r/t breaks loose i slip sideways and almost tail whip the person in the lane next to me lol
I think i'm going to make a 500LB rear bumper to try and get some weight on the rear, that or leave my snowmobile on there all winter. We got over 3 feet on the ground already, it gets sketchy in a 2wd lol

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
LSD is scary in the snow!!!!! I think i'd rather had an open diff, every time my r/t breaks loose i slip sideways and almost tail whip the person in the lane next to me lol
I think i'm going to make a 500LB rear bumper to try and get some weight on the rear, that or leave my snowmobile on there all winter. We got over 3 feet on the ground already, it gets sketchy in a 2wd lol
You know what's worse? Having an open diff.

You never know if it's going to spin both and slide or spin one and threaten to get stuck on a hill. Sucks...

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts

You know what's cheaper, easier, more effective and safer? Proper rubber.

·
- Dakota C.
3,368 Posts
Pooooor truck. :jester:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts