Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been beaten to death but Im having a hard time finding answers all over other thread's. So hopefully you guys can help me a bit.

1. How well do r/t wheels fit?
2. Can the dust cap be modified so the centre cap will fit?
3. Will the wheel's rub on anything?
4. Is $300 Canadian for a used tire free set a good deal?
5. What size of tires does everyone run on there's?

Thanks for all your help.

·
Low 'N Slow
635 Posts
http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23914

That should help you.
Also; i've heard you could just hammer the cap flat and it will work.

Tires; depends if you are lowered or not, i rub with 215/75/15's since im lowered, so when i get my set i plan to run 235/45/17's up front and probably 275/40/17's in the back.

·
Outlaws Phone Warden
12,864 Posts
Tires should not rub, the issue with the gen II is the rim rubs on the lower suspension arm, but 5 min with a die grinder on the arm(you need to remove around .5 in of the edge of the arm

$300 Canadian? Buy them RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!! Cheapest I have come up with is around $140-150 a rim......

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
tip: if your gonna change the ride height in ANY way, do so before installing the wheels. i put mine on and they rubbed just a lil bit at factory height. so i ground down the c arms. when i lowered it, it was rubbing again so i had to do the work twice.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Mine rubbed on the Lower CA, I didnt bother with the center caps. I like the way it looked with out them.

I ran a 245/45-17 I think, and a 275/40-17 on the rear. I couldnt run the stock RT height tire, way too tall.

·
Resleeves rnaz's borings
9,536 Posts
My RT wheels got sold a few years ago. Traded hands a few times, pretty sure they ended up back in Turboblews hands somewhow.
Nah... you originally cockblocked me then whoever bought them stored them until I bought them off a garage sale for $200. :D (a $350 savings!!)
all the tires were shot and the pc was filthy. :D

·
Resleeves rnaz's borings
9,536 Posts
You might be a Redneck, if....:jester:
I might just have some redneck rubbing off on me...lol.

I allowed a "neck" to help me tie some furniture down in the bed of my truck.
Of course I put all my faith in this dumbass and as Im crusing down 95 over a 4 lane bridge at 60... what catches some wind and flys out of the bed of my truck?
A santa fe print couch!!!:D Blocked a whole lane!Q!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts