Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so I'm sitting at my buddies house and the shit talkin starts. He says his 5.0 stang will beat me and so on and so on. We have been getting pretty good air here lately at night high 60's low humidity, anyway. I check over the car, automatic 5.0, early 90's fox body exhaust and cold air. So we decide to hit the spot, nice straitaway little over a quarter mile. We line up and go on three, took a car off the line and continued to pull another 1 mybe two (yall know its hard to look behind you when doing this). One thing I noticed was my truck hit the rev limiter for like a milisec in first before shifting into second, (hmmm)I was running 100 or so when I let off. We tried to get it on tape but was a bunch of wind noise and my glowing dash(video phone). but in the end another cocky rustang got owned by a truck

GOOOO GATORS

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
MoPaR DaK said:
Just curious.. but what all is done to your motor? Surferpunk (guy in vero that used to have the yellow r/c 4.7 5 speed) on here told me it was nitrous'd but didn't really say what else was done to it or what it runs.
Haha, he prolly wants to keep it that way too! :biggthump

·
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MoPaR DaK said:
Just curious.. but what all is done to your motor? Surferpunk (guy in vero that used to have the yellow r/c 4.7 5 speed) on here told me it was nitrous'd but didn't really say what else was done to it or what it runs.
You mean Taylor/Surferpunk? Just seen him the other day, seems to be doing pretty good after that whole street racing ticket thingy. Anway I have the basic boltons-throttle body, m-1, msd 6+, exhaust, mopar cpu, k&n, 410's. I took the bottle and solenoids out because they where malfunctioning and didn't want to take the chance of blowing somthing up. I will be rewiring it here shortly with new solenoids, I won't go back to the track till I got drag radials and caltracs but last time I think I trapped 93mph ,no shot.

·
Your hero
438 Posts
MagnumDak said:
You mean Taylor/Surferpunk? Just seen him the other day, seems to be doing pretty good after that whole street racing ticket thingy. Anway I have the basic boltons-throttle body, m-1, msd 6+, exhaust, mopar cpu, k&n, 410's. I took the bottle and solenoids out because they where malfunctioning and didn't want to take the chance of blowing somthing up. I will be rewiring it here shortly with new solenoids, I won't go back to the track till I got drag radials and caltracs but last time I think I trapped 93mph ,no shot.
Cool, yeah I'm talking about Taylor.. haven't talked to him in forever but didn't know how well ya knew him

·
Blown and Squirted
2,513 Posts
Nice kill, I love playing with my buddies 01 GT. He has got a lil bit on me now. After this winter the m1, full exhaust, 4.56s, 2400 stall converter, built tranny and slicks go on. He'll be toast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.