Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok me and my girlfriend are on our way back from the movies last night and i had my exhaust redone so its loud as hell. I have mopar headers going into a single 3" system into a flowmaster super 40 muffler exiting out in front of the rear tire with no cat. So as you know can imagine its loud as hell. Well i saw this ricer si and he had an exhaust on it and he was reving it up all the time so i went up to his window and reved my
00 R/T up and got his attention really quick. Well he thought he could take me cause we both slowed down so we would get the red light. As the light turned green all i saw was his headlights getting farther and farther away. He pulled up to me and told me that i got lucky cause he was sleepin at the light. So i told him to get on the freeway with me and we'll go at a 30 mph roll. Feelin bad for the guy i gave him a little head start and then punched it. Smoked him. When i started slowing down for us to meet up and go again he hurried up and got off the freeway. Chicken shit ricers.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i think he THOUGHT he had a chance cause it was his little ricer car and i had a truck. But after the racin he just tucked his head between his legs and left. Any chance i get to take out a ricer i do it.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Nice dude. Honda ricers are the worst. They put a fart can on for an exhaust and they think that will intimidate other people at the line. I bet he just put a tip on his exhaust pipe and poked a hole in the muffler for the "sound". Ricers are so stupid.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
na this rice propelled p.o.s. had an exhaust on it and it sounded like hell. It sounded like you took the muffler off a chain saw. My exhaust is a set of headers with no cat and a single 3" system through the new flowmaster super 40 muffler out the side in front of the rear tire. So it sounds like a drag muscle car. He had his windows down and i waited for him to get right beside my exhaust tips and i reved it. You should of seen the look on his face when he heard what an exhaust was suppose to sound like. By the way this all happened before the racing started. I had to provoke him somehow. :finger2: I'll give him this much though he didn't have rims or ground effects on it so it did look half decient but i don't know if he had plans on doing it or not.

·
0 Posts
I'm just curious...how does your girlfriend feel about you doing that? My chick HATES when I do it. And I'm not so sure why. I think its because she thinks I'm being childish acting the way the 17 year old ricers are. But I only mess with them if they 'throw the first punch.'

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well she doesn't mind it but she doesn't like it either. She always gets scared and holds on to the oh shit handles and tells me to slow down. Then when i'm done and i smoked the ricer she starts laughing and says its fun and how i spanked him. She just gets scared that we are going to wreck.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Not all 17yr olds are ricers (Well, I'm certaintly not LOL), I hate them and toast them any chance I can get. Spoiled kids at skool with their hondas and acuras daddy bougth them. Show em what american muscle is all about.

·
0 Posts
Black99R/Trc said:
Not all 17yr olds are ricers (Well, I'm certaintly not LOL), I hate them and toast them any chance I can get. Spoiled kids at skool with their hondas and acuras daddy bougth them. Show em what american muscle is all about.
I was saying '17' to show the age level that most ricers act like: a hormone-driven teenager. Most of the ricers around here on the 18-25 demographic.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
(I'm 19)I don't think I could fit into a ricer anyway.... the only actual CAR that I have ever driven was my brothers '73 Vette Stingray(black with translucent flames). a VERY nice ride. And the only car that I am willing to even TRY to fit into is a 68-72 Dodge Challenger.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear what you say about teenage ricers. Where i live there are two groups that hang out with each other at night, the american muscle and the rice propelled cars. Well to make a long story short, the older and less cocky people hang out with the muscle cars and they cocky little ricers are all high schoolers. Well we tested that one day. Cause along with my R/T, there is a 00 Pontiac Firehawk, 00 Camaro SS, an 04 Supercharged Cobra Mustang, a 99 Lightning, and the only ricer able to be called american muscle a 03 SRT-4. Well the group with the cocky ricer kids have a civic, talon, integra and one guy has a twin turbo 300zx. Well that guy in the 300ZX thought he was cool and flew by us and flicked us off we all yelled and told him to come back. When he did we were waiting. The 04 Cobra was off after him and so was I in my truck. The cobra raced him first and just blew his doors off from start to finish. It wasn't even funny. Then it was my turn. He just laughed and one of my buddies was with when i raced him, he was saying that that ricer doesn't even know what he's up against. Just to inform you on the one important mod i have done to my truck is a 100 shot of nitrous. Well he stomped it and so did i. I kept with him for a while then when my rpm's started to get higher the higher hp started to kick in and i started edging on him. So when we got back to the hang out spot he pulled in behind me and asked me what was in my truck. I said oh just a 100 shot of nitrous. He was like :jawdrop: Then he asked me what times i ran with it and i told him 13.98 on street tires. GOTTA LOVE AMERICAN MUSCLE!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Nice man way to keep it real.

·
Registered
780 Posts
3rdnFnlbst said:
Awesome, I despise ricers. As you can see with my sig. :toast:
LOL... yeah, me too.... that's why I got rid of my little import (just because it was slow and automatic, and just for looks... I got a lot of shit for it) -damn ricers.... screw em all, hehehe.
anyways... nice story! I used to play around with D-Draggin (since he's my b/f and all, but I learned very quickly that just because his suv was much heavier than my little car didnt mean squat, his v8 tore my little import to shit, hehe) Thats when i had a new respect for trucks in general.

:)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I mean don't get me wrong i don't hold grudges just because they drive a ricer car. God for bid i drive a neon for a winter car and for better gas milage when i go on long trips. Plus a couple of guys i know have ricers and i respect them. The one has a honda civic and the other has an acura integra. BUT they don't have all the ground effects and wings and vinyl decals on them. To look at them they look stock but both of them run 12's in the quarter mile. Of course their turbocharged but what i respect most is they respect classic muscle and the newer age muscle. They know that what they do to their car we can do to our V-8's and run way faster times. Its all about respect from them. No respect from them than i don't pitty them damn ricers one bit.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OMFG what is it with ricers, do they think when they put a freakin coffee can exhaust and an intake on it its gonna blow away any V8 out there. Usually Chilli's (the restaurant) puts on a car show every saturday night. So i was bored here so i drove down to check it out. Well i thought well there's alot of muscle cars out there so i'll turn on the nitrous just in case. So after i get done lookin around i leave and go on the freeway back to my apt. Well as i'm drivin i see this damn cavalier fly up on my ass. So i get over he fly's up next to me and punches it and lets off, kinda giving me the hint that he wants to race. As of now you guys know i've had it with these damn ricer guys. And he had a CAR FULL OF PEOPLE!!!!!! So he punches it and then i punch it and just blow his freakin doors off. Remember i had the nitrous on. HAHAHAHAHA when i got in front of him i rolled down my window and waved by.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It all depends on what you do to a vehicle. Granted most Hondas ARE rice burners and their drivers give Hondas and other Import/Sport Compacts a bad name. I built a daily driven Honda that was making 230 HP naturally aspirated. No power adders. No major internal work. It pulled a 13.04 ET on the 1/4 mile on slicks and a 13.4 on street tires. I was beating V8s, 5.0s and turbocharged cars. If you do the right things to almost any vehicle it will rock. Problem is most people have egos bigger than their wallets and think they can just put on an exhaust and intake and take on the world. Sometimes it seems you HAVE to stomp them to wake them up to reality. They drive around with their Maxwell House Racing cans sticking out the rear and aluminum wings on the trunk and mess with cars/trucks that would obviously tear them a new fudgehole.
I personally don't care if its import or domestic, 4 cyl or 6 or 8. If it's built right (performance and/or looks) you have my respect. As long as you're not an @$$ about it. That's just my 2 pennies. :jester:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
V8 Dragon said:
It all depends on what you do to a vehicle. Granted most Hondas ARE rice burners and their drivers give Hondas and other Import/Sport Compacts a bad name. I built a daily driven Honda that was making 230 HP naturally aspirated. No power adders. No major internal work. It pulled a 13.04 ET on the 1/4 mile on slicks and a 13.4 on street tires. I was beating V8s, 5.0s and turbocharged cars. If you do the right things to almost any vehicle it will rock. Problem is most people have egos bigger than their wallets and think they can just put on an exhaust and intake and take on the world. Sometimes it seems you HAVE to stomp them to wake them up to reality. They drive around with their Maxwell House Racing cans sticking out the rear and aluminum wings on the trunk and mess with cars/trucks that would obviously tear them a new fudgehole.
I personally don't care if its import or domestic, 4 cyl or 6 or 8. If it's built right (performance and/or looks) you have my respect. As long as you're not an @$$ about it. That's just my 2 pennies. :jester:

Ya i know where your commin from, i have a couple of buddies in mechanical engineering with me and they have imports. But theirs are nice i would never talk shit on theirs i would race them but i would respect getting beat by them. The one guy has a turbo integra, no external mods except for rims and no gauges in the interior just a laptop that is hidden for his fuel management system. He's runnin 12's at the track, very nice car. To look at it it looks stock inside and out except for the rims and if your a car nut and look at the front you can see the intercooler in the front. And my other buddy has a pos honda civic. I mean this thing looks like a beater, but it will run like hell. Has a huge turbo on it and the interior is gutted but he still somehow made it look somewhat stock. His civic wasn't running right and he was pullin low 13's high 12's all day. For some reason he fouled a spark plug or coil i can't remember. It was just rediculous. I give those guys props. Like i said before i just don't like these ricer guys who put ground effects, lowering kits, wings and an exhaust, intake, ignition ect... on their car and think it will smoke the shit out of a V8 muscle car or truck. Then i would still give them props for even doing shit with it like that cause i know if i had one i would do somewhat the same except for the wing. But to run your mouth and not be able to back it up is just plain asking to get the label "ricer"

1 - 20 of 48 Posts