Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
the 46re is a decent tranny, i mean why are you asking this? your tranny takin a shit on you or something? the stock tranny will typically hold up pretty well until you start making more serious power as long as it's been taken care of. most people don't ever change type of tranny, they just rebuild when theirs goes out.

· Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
for just driving around and the typical bolt ons it is a decent trans as long as ya take care of it. i gots ~126K on mine and *maybe* 50 or so passes done the 1/4 mile.

now ya start adding spray and a power adder better get a APS, Power Demon or a DRW built 46RE.

weak spots are the valve body and O/D unit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i'd love to drop a 6spd in my r/t but i didn't know which one would be the best suited for my truck .. : / how hard would this be to do ? if it can be done whats the price range i would be lookin at ?

· Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
OgKoda said:
well i'd love to drop a 6spd in my r/t but i didn't know which one would be the best suited for my truck .. : / how hard would this be to do ? if it can be done whats the price range i would be lookin at ?

that would be a Keisler unit. ~$5000 and is not really a bolt in kit. some parts need to fabbed still. several R/T club guys have done this and had probs with the trannys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.