Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What parts specifically give the R/T it's 1/1 drop? Is it the arms or the coils in the front? Is it just the leafs in the back? Thanks!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got an '02 CC Dak Non R/T and I swapped just the front coils and rear leaf springs out. Everything else is the same except for the sway bars. Although on my truck it has the R/T sways under it front and back allready from the factory. Don't ask why cuz I don't know. I checked the part numbers and sure enough.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But the western chassis kit that I bought for 4/5 is only supposed to drop my R/T 3/4. And it doesn't have new leafs, just shackles and hangers. So is it the leaf, or where it's mounted?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rt_terror said:
But the western chassis kit that I bought for 4/5 is only supposed to drop my R/T 3/4. And it doesn't have new leafs, just shackles and hangers. So is it the leaf, or where it's mounted?
It depends on the setup you buy. The R/T's use the same rear leaf mounting points as the stock trucks but the use a stiffer de-arched leaf spring. If you took a stock leaf spring and then laid an R/T leaf spring on top the R/T leaf is about an 1" to 1.5" flatter (by the way I did this when I got my R/T's rear leafs thats how I know). On the western chassis kit they use shackles and hangers that just basically extend the stock mounting point upwards 3 inches and use the stock/R/T leaf that came on the truck. Hotchkis uses an even more de-arched leaf spring than stock but its even more stiff yet. Hope that answered your question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts