Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attemted to or put r/t springs on a v6. My plan was to cut 1/2" off of each end to get the drop I want and not lose anything because of the difference in spring rate between the v8 and the v6.
Very interested in anyone's opinion.

Thanks Chris

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
you have a set of rt springs already or you gonna buy them? if you got em, cut em. if youre gonna buy them, you might as well buy an aftermarket spring.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
r/t springs

I already have them and are going to cut them. I have a 3.9l v6, how much do you think I should take off. I am going for a 2 inch drop in the front and 3 inches in the back.

thanks chris

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
i would start with half a coil, see what that will get you. then cut again if its not enough.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
r/t springs

I've heard of coil springs settling after installation, if so how will I know what kind of drop I am going to get out of them? The guy that is helping me lower it, we talked about taking a 1/2 inch off of each end. I'll tell him the suggestion that you gave me. How do you think the ride quality will be?

Thanks chris

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
as far as settling...its used so itll settle quickly. it it settles itll probably only move 1/4 inch or so...dont forget to release the e-brake as that will drop the truck to its normal ride height. the ride is going to be a lot more bouncy...really stiff like

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
r/t coil springs

I have toxic shocks that are going on with the coil springs. Will that help any with the ride quality?

Thanks Chris

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
dude those are by far the shittiest shocks you can buy...itll make the ride worst than your stock shocks

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
r/t springs

Then what shocks should I go with, I debated going with the edelbrock shocks that were $70 a piece. Let me know.

Thanks Chris

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
ive never treid the edlebrocks but i havent heard anything bad about them. you cant go wrong with bilstiens or tokiko, im runnin koni adjustables.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
r/t coil springs

what is wrong with the toxic that you don't like them and has anybody that you know tried them. What was the price on your koni and were did you get them?

thanks chris

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got Nitro slammer shocks from sporttruckdirect.com all around on my truck with a 3/4 drop. They are only $40 a piece and ride better than stock if you ask me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts