Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much heaver the stock Dakota R/T rims and tires over the 16x8 rims with the stock 255/65/16 tires????? I want to get R/T rims, but I don't want to losse lot of power due to the unsprung weight. Thanks

·
Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
a R/T rim weighs roughly 35#`s regardless if its chromed or PC`d... without tire.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to have to see what the one of my 16's with tires come in at tonight.

G

·
Yeah, i got 62 pounds exactly.
anyone know the weight of the 15" wheel with tire?
It's freezing out and im to lazy to go pull one and weight it... :jester:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, i just need to fine a nice set of used R/T rims now. Help me out guys.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The heavier the rim and tire combination is the more power it takes to get them moving and also to stop. Less rotating mass will yield quicker acceleration and also braking. I know this for a fact because this is why we switch to light weight wheels on our dragbikes. The R/T wheels are heavier, just not sure how much heavier.

·
Clean Machine!
1,653 Posts
dakota g33k said:
anyone ever post up the weights of the other stock rims (i'm interested in the 16x8) for reference?
I'll weigh one tomorrow and post up, but I'd guess around 23lbs, we'll see how close I come! Thats the wheel only obviously!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry I have not had a chance to weigh my stock 16x8 with the 255/65/16 tire on it yet, but I will try to sometime this weekend. I have two of them off the truck for winter so it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok the stock 16x8 rims with the stock Goodyear 255/65/16's tip the scale at just about 50lbs. each

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rayjj said:
I got 21lbs for the stock 16x8 wheel.
Is that just the rim with no tire? I know my scale is not that far off.

·
Clean Machine!
1,653 Posts
Yeah 21 was just for the wheel. Thats not too bad either, considering the 15x7 stock wheels on my Jeep were 20 lbs, and with a 235/75/15 it hit 50lbs. The wheels I just put on mine I was told were 24lbs each, but I didn't weigh one before I put them on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.