Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I was on my way to school and was in a wreck, I am not at any fault (so thats the good part) and the bad part is that im now in the market for a new dakota...the bed was pushed into the cab about 2 inches....

ill post some pics when i get them off my friends camera....damn I knew I should have skipped today

·
Registered Loser
2,342 Posts
Long story short I was on my way to school and was in a wreck, I am not at any fault (so thats the good part) and the bad part is that im now in the market for a new dakota...the bed was pushed into the cab about 2 inches....

ill post some pics when i get them off my friends camera....damn I knew I should have skipped today
You'd better rest and take it easy, what with that sore neck and back.

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
sucks man. you can always replace a vehicle, just remember that.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I wouldn't say you can always 'replace' a vehicle...

You can always SUBSTITUTE a vehicle...some just can't be replaced.

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
I wouldn't say you can always 'replace' a vehicle...

You can always SUBSTITUTE a vehicle...some just can't be replaced.
over a broken body, i'll take it.

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
should have went with your first feeling. it's always right...

but good to hear your okay though. post pics when you can :) take care of yourself first.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the insuriance said it would be around $8400 to fix it and its only worth $8200 lol

So im going to buy her back for $1200 and get $7100 with it, and now im in the market for a Gen III dakota V8 5 speed or R/T (un-molested if at all possible lol)

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
the insuriance said it would be around $8400 to fix it and its only worth $8200 lol

So im going to buy her back for $1200 and get $7100 with it, and now im in the market for a Gen III dakota V8 5 speed or R/T (un-molested if at all possible lol)
Hmm...I sent my PM before I read all of the thread!

you going to part out the hulk? I'm interested in some front end parts.

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
lol damn it hasn't been one day yet and vultures are already to start picking apart the truck :jester:
ouch! I don't like being called a vulture, makes it seem like I'm being a jerk or something. I wasn't trying to be, and apologize if I came across that way. I've been trying to economically upgrade my 98's brakes to the 03/04 brakes, but finding parts trucks are damn near impossible.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
ouch! I don't like being called a vulture, makes it seem like I'm being a jerk or something. I wasn't trying to be, and apologize if I came across that way. I've been trying to economically upgrade my 98's brakes to the 03/04 brakes, but finding parts trucks are damn near impossible.
Have you checked with viperkota? He upgraded his to Viper brakes and I knew he had some brake parts left over or he did.

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Have you checked with viperkota? He upgraded his to Viper brakes and I knew he had some brake parts left over or he did.
yea, awhile back. he wanted like $400 for his stuff. it was a bit more than I wanted to pay. I think he's sold off most of it since then anyway

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im sorry about that, it wasnt meant in any bad way just a little bit of a giggle.

As of right now im not 100% sure when ill get my truck back or when the insurance check will be coming in (soon i hope) all ready have a few V8 Dakotas im eyeballing

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Im sorry about that, it wasnt meant in any bad way just a little bit of a giggle.

As of right now im not 100% sure when ill get my truck back or when the insurance check will be coming in (soon i hope) all ready have a few V8 Dakotas im eyeballing
I wasn't sure if you were joking or annoyed that I was asking about parts already!:jester:

"vulture" to me conjures up images of some greedy, foaming at the mouth, "I don't give a shit about you, your truck or your plans, I just want my parts" savage who can't wait for you to strip it down... I was like..."hey! that's not me!"

anyway...when you get it back, IF you decide to part it out, let me know. I see the parts on E-bay now and then, they either want an ass load of money for the parts or they want to rip you off on shipping...I wanna upgrade my brakes, but not at their prices! for that much money, I'll buy my own rotors and calipers and make my old spindles work!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts