Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
www.dfwdakotas.com
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the "White Devil" finally showed its true colors today literally.. Blue, Orange, and Red and very HOT!

Yes the truck burnt down on the side of the road right in front of me while i was going to work. I noticed my fuel pressure gauge drop from 55psi to 20psi it started to run like shit i was literally at the corner of my work when flames started to pour out the sides and smoke came in the vents and filled the cab i jumped out with what i had on and tried to pop the hood... i opened it and flames came out it slammed shut as i didnt have the springs attached at the time.

5 min later the firefighters showed up and by then the truck was a pile of melted plastic and ash.

Everything from the front to the end of the cab is destroyed even the bed cover as the fire blew out the back window and burnt the end of my bed and the top of my bed cover... the only thing i saw worth keeping was the headers, maybe the throttle body, and the rims.. and some suspension shit on the rear. Everything else is GONE... my SCT tuner was in the truck, my ipod, system, my custom one off seats, pcm, rails, intake, valve covers, everything is toast and melted like chocolate on a hot summer day.

here are some photos....

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
That SUCKS!!!!!!

Sorry to hear man. That was a nice truck too

·
Registered
382 Posts
What the heck has been going on lately? I swear I read a new post every day of someones truck getting broken into, wrecked and totaled, and now fire! What have the Dakota and Durango guys and gals done to deserve this! Sorry to see your truck like that, but glad you got out alright.

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
dude that fucking sucks. it was such a sick truck to. Im sorry to hear about your loss though :( have any idea what started the fire?

·
www.dfwdakotas.com
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dude that fucking sucks. it was such a sick truck to. Im sorry to hear about your loss though :( have any idea what started the fire?
fuel leak, somthing went wrong not sure what. I have well... HAD a fuel pressure gauge in my truck it went to 20psi from 55psi, i smelt fuel, i was about 3 secs away from work i saw smoke come through the vents. I pulled over and turned it off, opened the hood and boom fire... called 911 and 5 min later its toast.

3 years of blood and work gone in less then 5 min. So sad.

I already went through all my files and pulled all the reciepts of all the parts i have baught for it ect, im at about 7,500$ as of right now, and still missing a few things. Im guessing it will be close to about 9k worth of parts installed on it, including performance, cosmetics, and other other shit like audio ect, ontop of the 9k i spent to buy the truck.

It was paid off, so whatever i get back from the insurnace im putting right back into someone pocket in the Dakota World.. im not done.. im getting another one...

Everyday... i would get compliments on my truck. I stopped to get gas and a guy said to me.. "why did you turn it off?" i looked at him and was like "what?" he said i wasnt done listening to that thing purrr. So old hot rod dude walked up shook my hand and said that thing cant be stock.. i popped the hood and he about nutted himself... and this was 2 days ago prior to this.. im sure he would kill himself now to see it like this.

Either way im not done with the Dakota scene. I run a local club for the them.. and no way in hell im going to let it burn to. So ill be in the market real soon...

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
I think im going to throw up... I cant even imagine what that must have felt like. Time to start looking for a new project.

·
www.dfwdakotas.com
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think im going to throw up... I cant even imagine what that must have felt like. Time to start looking for a new project.
Im not going to lie... i was 10 feet away from it when it was in full fury of flame. I cried... i had my sunglasses on so no one saw.. but i did shed a few tears for her...

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
fuel leak, somthing went wrong not sure what. I have well... HAD a fuel pressure gauge in my truck it went to 20psi from 55psi, i smelt fuel, i was about 3 secs away from work i saw smoke come through the vents. I pulled over and turned it off, opened the hood and boom fire... called 911 and 5 min later its toast.

3 years of blood and work gone in less then 5 min. So sad.

I already went through all my files and pulled all the reciepts of all the parts i have baught for it ect, im at about 7,500$ as of right now, and still missing a few things. Im guessing it will be close to about 9k worth of parts installed on it, including performance, cosmetics, and other other shit like audio ect, ontop of the 9k i spent to buy the truck.

It was paid off, so whatever i get back from the insurnace im putting right back into someone pocket in the Dakota World.. im not done.. im getting another one...

Everyday... i would get compliments on my truck. I stopped to get gas and a guy said to me.. "why did you turn it off?" i looked at him and was like "what?" he said i wasnt done listening to that thing purrr. So old hot rod dude walked up shook my hand and said that thing cant be stock.. i popped the hood and he about nutted himself... and this was 2 days ago prior to this.. im sure he would kill himself now to see it like this.

Either way im not done with the Dakota scene. I run a local club for the them.. and no way in hell im going to let it burn to. So ill be in the market real soon...
that last part was quite touchy lol. but yea man never give up on building the thing you love. Stick with it. build a bigger better truck. Good luck with everything :beer:

·
Registered
576 Posts
sorry to hear man. i hope everything works out for ya.

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
I'm sorry man...really sorry... :rant:

Glad to see you are alright along with your spirit! Can't wait to see your next Dak

·
www.dfwdakotas.com
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
O i feel like major shit, but im probably just in denial right now.. and a little wasted to... when i wake up in the morning to start my truck and warm in up.. it will hit me.. ill probably act like someone every close to me just died.

But right now im just trying to get all my paper work ready for the insurance people.. im going to get as much as i can from them.. hopefully enough so i can buy one right out and not have a truck payment, as this one was paid off whatever they give me goes straight to my pocket and in to someone elses on this board or another dakota board.. ass ill be lurking the for sale adds quite often now.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts