Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i tore down my sn-92 and found that it was the impeller shaft that was worn out. my question is can i just order that one part and be good to go, or do i need to order new bearings too? everything else looked perfect...the only flaw was the flat, worn out spot on the impeller shaft. bearings looked fine, but i'm wondering if i should just fork over an extra $55 and be sure. suggestions?

also, when i put it back together, what is the best procedure to clean it out some just in case some dirt or metal was in there?

·
Registered
576 Posts
ok, so i tore down my sn-92 and found that it was the impeller shaft that was worn out. my question is can i just order that one part and be good to go, or do i need to order new bearings too? everything else looked perfect...the only flaw was the flat, worn out spot on the impeller shaft. bearings looked fine, but i'm wondering if i should just fork over an extra $55 and be sure. suggestions?

also, when i put it back together, what is the best procedure to clean it out some just in case some dirt or metal was in there?
if it were me id get the new bearings. im sure you spent some good time and money to rebuild that s/c whats another $55 to insure a reliable rebuild.

as far as cleaning i would use acetone but dont soak the bearings with it. i say acetone because i get it for free lol its really up to you what to clean the parts with.

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea, i guess i will. the shaft is $185 itself, and all the seals and stuff are fine...it was just screaming like a bitch when i hooked it up once, and i figured it was the bearings. but with the total at $240 plus shipping, i'm contemplating whether i should buy the whole rebuild kit for $450 just to be extra safe that everything will work...decisions decisions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts