Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sentient Being
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Well, I have my Durango Supercharged! It is awesome! I still need to get it on a Dyno to have someone tweak it from that avenue, but as far as having it installed and programming the EFMU out of the box, I am good to go.

My question is how much psi the S/C will produce without any mods done to the engine? I have read that 4-6 psi is very common, while adding things (better throttle bodies, things for better compression <--I am going from memory here so forgive me) will allow more boost. Is this true? I am also saying this on the pretense that I am not shifting through the gears (1, 2, D) but letting the Automatic tranny do its work.

Anyway, replies will be much appreciated. pics on the completed engine will follow :)

Thanks all
-Eddie

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
I think 8-10psi is around what you should see from the stock kit. You could change pulleys to get more boost, but wouldnt recommend it on a stock motor. You could get away with it with a good tune, but you'd be pushing your luck.

Are you running a boost gauge or wideband AF gauge? If not, Id HIGHLY recommend investing. Without knowing what your AF ratio is, your motor could be a ticking time bomb.

·
Sentient Being
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think 8-10psi is around what you should see from the stock kit. You could change pulleys to get more boost, but wouldnt recommend it on a stock motor. You could get away with it with a good tune, but you'd be pushing your luck.

Are you running a boost gauge or wideband AF gauge? If not, Id HIGHLY recommend investing. Without knowing what your AF ratio is, your motor could be a ticking time bomb.
Thanks for the help. I am running a boost guate, and it is reading the same as the EFMU, about 4, maybe 5 psi. I have an AF guage that I am trying to figure the wiring on, since the guys that did my exhaust removed (I think) my O2 sensor.

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Thanks for the help. I am running a boost guate, and it is reading the same as the EFMU, about 4, maybe 5 psi. I have an AF guage that I am trying to figure the wiring on, since the guys that did my exhaust removed (I think) my O2 sensor.
Is it a narrowband AF gauge or wideband?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts