Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for relatively cheap mods for my 99 Dak R/t Reg Cab. It has to run on regular fuel, because this summer gas prices are going to be ridiculous. So far it has the K&N Fipk and Flowmaster 40 Series cat back exhaust. I was looking at the 1.7 roller rockers because, If I changed the cam I would have to go to teh mopa pcm...hence premium fuel. What kind of gains can I expect with the 1.7s and a factory pcm? I also plan to port teh stock intake manifold and shorten the runners. Any comments would be appreciated

EDIT: Doesn't anyone use 1.7 rockers? I could use some help cause I need to know if the mod is worthwhile.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really appreciate the response... its been a while since i posted this. I will take it into consideration, but I have to pay the truck off before I can do mods...... thats what my parents say. I live in their house so i guess I will just have to keep make double and triple payments so I can start the fun stuff haha.

·
Dakotaholic
243 Posts
I have 1.7's on my 93 318, and on my 98 406. I really couldn't tell you about a change in gas milage but I can really feel the difference in the hp and quicker response.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys i apprceiate the info, I'll prolly get them after I port the intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts